Box Being Discontinued

Jon Hill

I'm currently looking around for a HD-FOX T2 to complement my HDR-Fox T2 and a number of sites are showing discontinued and others have reduced down to £89 but not available for delivery only store pickup.

Before I go out and purchase can anyone confirm if this model is being discontinued and if it's being replaced by a new model?

Thanks

As I recall from other sites human were preparing for the launch of their youview box, and hence the HD-T2 series was going to come to and end in the UK, with the HD going first as the HDR was still selling well, as had a more 'designer look' to it with the HD having a more retro/plastic look.

However there was a suggestion that as Humax had got a contract in Russia to supply boxes for their upcoming HD rollout, and the plan was to use a version of the HD there with a Russian version of the software on it - however I would guess that they would not work in the UK with this software as the broadcast frequencies would likely be different, and maywell have different tuners in it, and again would not work even if you put the UK firmware onto them.

If you want one then I'd get one now from the UK....... (although you never know the upcoming youview box may be better!)

As I recall from other sites human were preparing for the launch of their youview box, and hence the HD-T2 series was going to come to and end in the UK, with the HD going first as the HDR was still selling well, as had a more 'designer look' to it with the HD having a more retro/plastic look.
I would expect the YouView box and the HDR will co-exist for some time yet withe the YouView box at a higher price point. I don't know the situation with the HD.

I had a snoop around John Lewis and they are still on the shelf - HD £90, HDR £260 (didn't notice what size).

The UK Govt is giving out free HD FOX T2 as part of the digital switchover. I have a relative who received a letter offering them a freeview or freeview HD box. She went for the HD and it arrived a few weeks ago. In-between time she purchased a new TV so no longer needs it. I of course pounced! Looking forward to streaming from my HDR.

That's very curious. I could understand it a few months ago, ready for analogue switch-off, but that's already happened so who will not have already obtained a digibox of some sort?

HD's are being sent out of you tick 'i require a freeview HD box'

I guess she recieved the letter 3-4 months ago and the box 6-8 weeks ago. I reclaimed it yesterday and am on ebay buying a white eterhent cable now. Its the only colour the missus will allow along the skirting board. Thankfully i am ethernet 'ready' in one corner of the room so just need to extend the cable.

Tell me about it.. Roll on mid october, we finally get a taste of HD!

PS the HD box was shipped with .27 on it

Back