Box will not boot

fitzy73

Hi folks. Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere (I have searched - but I'm a noobie) but I bought a second hand Fox T2 that will not boot. It gets as far as the Humax screen, and that's it. I tried to flash a firmware update on it, but it still doesn't get past the initial Humax screen, so, basically, am I snookered?

Freezing on the splash screen. The lights on the front continue to circulate though.

The longest I've left it is 10 mins. Is it worth leaving it a bit longer?

Downloaded the file from Humax, unzipped and dropped into the root of a USB pen drive.

Then started the box while holding the standby button.

Any indication on the TV screen that it is loading the firmware update, or attempting to?

A few notes:
  • You do not need to struggle to power up at the plug while holding the standby button; it is sufficient to come out of standby by pressing and holding the standby button until the firmware update screen appears.
  • The Humax is a bit fussy about USB sticks, if one doesn't work try another.
  • I found firmware 1.02.27 the most stable.

Well finally got it to work - thanks for the advice.

I bought a new USB pen drive, but it wouldn't jump straight to the newest rev, so I had to incrementally upgrade it.
I can't seem to find firmware 1.02.27 anywhere though. Is it not available from Humax anymore?

Thanks folks - much appreciated!

Edit - the file does not exit when I click on the Zippy fileshare?

The file does not exit when I click on the Zippy fileshare?

I'm guessing you are talking about this file HD_FOX_T2_1.02.29_mod_2.13.zip on the zippy fileshare site, If you have to supply an E-mail address and password in order to logon, remember it doesn't have to be a real E-Mail address because they don't E-mail you anything so fredbloggs@talktalk.co.uk is fine. You need to click on 'Download Now' not 'Download' or 'Premium Download' or 'Regular Download'

Back