BST Clock Changes - Experiment

I can only try it on two. There's somebody else who can do it on three. Why is this in the HD-FOX section?

A slight variation on your post #15 in the above link as I first asked the question in relation to my HD Fox ,and my HDR Fox, but my HD Fox is what I use most. My wife controls the HDR Fox.

Martin

My HD-FOX didn't switch on at the expected time this morning. Scheduled on/off timers are one hour out.
Webif and rs epgs are showing correct time. Dropdown calendar (rs) still selects previous day.

Around the World in 80 Days (Yesterday), scheduled 0055-0300 (0200 GMT)
Secrets of the Stonehenge Skeletons (More 4), scheduled 0200-0305

HDR1 (AR): recorded correctly
HDR3 (padding): recorded correctly

Note that with padding, the 0200 start occurred while still in GMT.

This wasn't a perfect test, since both machines were powered up all night. In hindsight, what I needed to do was set a recording for just after 0200 and turn the box off. Damn.

Although my timer wakeups were out by an hour, a recording of BTCC at 10:45 started on time.

HD Fox and HDR Fox (standard software) were both set to AR record, from Standby, the Sunday 12.30 BBC News on BBC1.

Both units recorded the programmes correctly between 12.30 - 12.40 BST.

Both units, in their libraries, showed the recording as being between 11.30 and 11.40.

Both units showed GMT prior to and after the recording which was done in Standby.

On powering down, after viewing the recording, the HD Fox clock flashed GMT for about 1/4 second before changing to BST. HDR Fox clock was not watched.

Thus Brian is correct, the clock display needs a power cycle to update to the correct local time.

My concerns about missing recordings because of BST changes have been allayed.

Martin

My HDR suddenly switched off midway through the boat race today - I didn't see it but apparently it came up with a message to say it was about to switch off.
I realised it was an hour since it had been switched on so I guess it started, at some point put the clock forward an hour then after 1 hour concluded it had be running for 2 hours with no button being pressed so went into energy saving shut down. No harm done but had me baffled for a minute or two.

Mine had bright blue ring on front on Sunday morning, instead of orange.
Investigated and found an outstanding auto off.
I have auto on set for 03:00 and off for 03:20 each day.
Both had moved by one hour but the off was showing as outstanding (red in webif).
I deleted both, rebooted and reset timer via menus.
All ok now.

Looks like setting timer for 03:00 may cause problem when clocks go forward, not surprising when 02:00 suddenly becomes 03:00.
I'll change it to a little later and see what happens next year!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had a similar problem with my 09.15 to 09:30 switch on period. 09:30 showed correctly in the Webif epg but the switch on time was for 10.15 Sunday in red. Deleted, rebooted and reset timers as above.

Hmm. I'll check what HDR3 says next time it is on, but I don't remember exactly what times I put in the timers.

No problem here, the timers show on the menus and in WebIF as 1800-0300, very likely as they were set pre-BST, and HDR3 woke up at the right time.

Looks like setting timer for 03:00 may cause problem when clocks go forward, not surprising when 02:00 suddenly becomes 03:00.
The time change occurs at 01:00 (becoming 02:00) not 02:00 (becoming 03:00).

Back