BT HUMAX YouView - Remote frequency conflict!

Alan Martin

Hi, I have just got a BT YouView box and the remote control is conflicting with another Humax box I have. I have a Humax HDR-FOX-T2 box, which is connected to a slingbox for relatives in Finland.

Both devices user Humax remote frequency 1. I can reprogram the Humax HDR-Fox-T2 remote frequency but then the Slingbox IR blasters no longer work, so my relatives in Finland can't turn over the TV channel.

Unfortunately i'm not having much joy changing the remote control frequency for the BT YouView box. I've spoken to BT and they said it can't be done. I spoke to Humax who told me it could be done but that I needed to contact BT. I also spoke to YouView who told me to contact Humax.... I've also spoken with SlingBox to see if I can change the IR blaster frequecy for the SlingBox remote, and this can't be done.

Any help welcomed!

It can't be done. What about getting Slingbox to provide support for the alternate Humax code sets? Other than that, cover the front panel of the T2 with card.

Hi, I have just got a BT YouView box and the remote control is conflicting with another Humax box I have. I have a Humax HDR-FOX-T2 box, which is connected to a slingbox for relatives in Finland.

Both devices user Humax remote frequency 1. I can reprogram the Humax HDR-Fox-T2 remote frequency but then the Slingbox IR blasters no longer work, so my relatives in Finland can't turn over the TV channel.

Unfortunately i'm not having much joy changing the remote control frequency for the BT YouView box. I've spoken to BT and they said it can't be done. I spoke to Humax who told me it could be done but that I needed to contact BT. I also spoke to YouView who told me to contact Humax.... I've also spoken with SlingBox to see if I can change the IR blaster frequecy for the SlingBox remote, and this can't be done.

Any help welcomed!

If you buy a Logitech Harmony 900, you can set it to send RF frequency commands to a receiver that sits in front of your boxes. This in turn relays IR commands to your devices. The receiver also has two IR extensions. Not much help so far, but the clever bit is that you can set it so that the IR commands to certain devices only get routed to one extension. So, effectively, you can have two devices using the same codes and not conflicting.

Now the bad news. See how much it costs! If you don't actually use the T2 yourself, gomezz's solution is far cheaper and more effective!:rolleyes:

just taken delivery of the new bt humax youview box and am having the same problem

i know about the pressing 0 and OK buttons on the supplied remote to change the remote channel from 1 to 2, but i cant make this happen on my harmony touch remote. i have gone back to remote channel 1 and tried using the harmony, but absolutely no response, the number buttons normally work. i guess it something i've not set up correctly on myharmony, has anyone experienced similar?

finally turning my back on talktalk, the bt man comes tuesday morning, will ask him to test my signal strength too i think, the new box picks up everything brilliantly

i think the problem is with the "long push" setting, if i remember correctly when setting up the buttons on the harmony touch there is a choice between short push, long push or both, i've got a horrid feeling that the short push has been selected, which allows channels to be changed etc, but the 10 second press needed for this problem is not working, and i cant for the life of me remember how to do this for the number keypad, i have reset defaults etc, think i'll have to delete the humax and begin again??

I think you will find that BT is correct. YouView does not support alternate frequencies for the remote.
When I was in the original pilot I raised this with YouView, their answer was basically "tough, you need to change it on your Fox T2..."

I know this post is really old but I have gotten help to resolve this problem, I recently got a Humax Youview T2120 and found it was conflicting with the HDR FOX T2 that was connected to a Slingbox.

The custom remote code for the HDR FOX T2 in mode 2 for the Slingbox is available here: (can't post links) so it's on: placeshiftingenthusiasts > forum > slingplayer remote control discussions > Conflict between Youview and HDR FOX T2 > page 2
This code will probably work for other Humax models in mode 2.

Ezra, you'd have had logi down on you like a ton of bricks had you posted that on AV.:)

I've never understood the logic of forum admins. banning posts that reference other forums, they only have something to worry about if their own forum is so poor that users might migrate to the new one and not come back, this is very unlikely to happen with hummy.tv, as there really isn't anything better when it comes to the HDR/HD Fox T2

Hi all, sorry for hijacking this thread but I'm having the same issue as a lot of people it seems with conflicting remotes.

I've recently moved to BT TV and use one of their Youview+ boxes (DTR-T2100). I also use a Humax HDR-1001s which is a Tivusat branded receiver from Europe for Italian satellite TV.

From what I've read, the frequency can't be changed on the BT box but when I've run through the process of changing the frequency on the 1001s, it doesn't work. I hold down 0 and OK and the PVR button on the remote lights up, I try selecting 2-6 and then the remote no longer works at all unless I put it back to 1.

I'm using the standard remotes that come with the boxes. I've stuck a piece of card in front of the box I don't want to use but it's annoying me having to keep swapping! Is there anyway around this?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Thanks Black Hole. I've followed the video and my remote control is responding in the same manner, I can get the PVR light to light up and then press 2-6 to choose a channel. The remote is then unresponsive until I put it back to channel 1. I'm just starting to wonder whether as BT have locked the Youview box whether Tivusat have done the same thing so neither can be changed?

I've yet to see any message appear on screen either to prompt for a new channel or to say it's failed. I'll persevere! :)

No message = no response from the box, so although you are changing the mode of the handset, you are not changing the mode of the box itself. You do have them in line-of-sight? If so, it would certainly seem as if the box cannot change control mode.

(The change is not "frequency". The change affects the group of codes used to represent each of the buttons, so "group" or "mode" is more accurate than "frequency" or even "channel".)

Does anyone still have the file linked to in post 8, please?

Seems to be no longer available there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back