BT Youview box

nibber

I have just bought a brand new bt branded (sealed) youview box from a local person,i have taken it home and set it up but it refuses to connect to broadband all it keeps saying is "Sorry Youview could not find your wired broadband connection.network connection says it is connected.and will not show on demand stuff gives me a yvm104 fault.Please check your cables and router and try again.Or leave this this for now and displays a triangle with exclamation ! Mark in it and broadband not connected.i am quite computer savvy and there is nothing wrong with the ethernet cable that goes straight into my Netgear router and i have manually put in the ip address of the youview box and router etc, and also checked the ethernet cable with a laptop with the same ethernet cable and it connects and it works fine connecting to the net etc.So my question is if i leave overnight (in standby)will it update the software in the box as at the moment it is displaying manufacturers software 8.7.0,component software 1.1.11,
Platform config 254, which is ancient as. I see the latest software is up to 12.7.0.I am also using a Humax foxsat freesat 1Tb box and Hummy hdrfox t2 freeview so know my way around Humax boxes etc.I cannot see any way of updating the software via a usb stick on this machine .Could the box be software locked to BT which prevents the broadband ethernet connection from working.Btw my isp is BT with unlimited broadband but do not have any vision/tv package as yet.sorry for the long post!
Regards Nibber.

I have just bought a brand new bt branded (sealed) youview box from a local person,i have taken it home and set it up but it refuses to connect to broadband all it keeps saying is "Sorry Youview could not find your wired broadband connection.network connection says it is connected.and will not show on demand stuff gives me a yvm104 fault.Please check your cables and router and try again.Or leave this this for now and displays a triangle with exclamation ! Mark in it and broadband not connected.i am quite computer savvy and there is nothing wrong with the ethernet cable that goes straight into my Netgear router and i have manually put in the ip address of the youview box and router etc, and also checked the ethernet cable with a laptop with the same ethernet cable and it connects and it works fine connecting to the net etc.So my question is if i leave overnight (in standby)will it update the software in the box as at the moment it is displaying manufacturers software 8.7.0,component software 1.1.11,
Platform config 254, which is ancient as. I see the latest software is up to 12.7.0.I am also using a Humax foxsat freesat 1Tb box and Hummy hdrfox t2 freeview so know my way around Humax boxes etc.I cannot see any way of updating the software via a usb stick on this machine .Could the box be software locked to BT which prevents the broadband ethernet connection from working.Btw my isp is BT with unlimited broadband but do not have any vision/tv package as yet.sorry for the long post!
Regards Nibber.

Thanks for that. So, it is locked to BT Vision? Not such a bargain after all, then.

Left overnight in standby,quadruple checked all cables -my router is on 24/7 ,ip address ok etc , it has not updated any software still on the old version,very annoying,having looked on some BT threads it would appear some boxes had this problem from the start and were replaced!
At least i can use the aerial side of it or use it as a doorstop ! :bye:.May have to sign up for vision,but then no doubt BT would ask where the box came from,so will probably end up with another box!:mad:

I thought I would answer a question you haven't asked yet :). No, you won't be able install Humax HDR-Fox T2 software onto your DTR-T1000/1010 in order to turn it into a Freeview box, they may look the same but the hardware is different

That is your main problem. BT branded boxes should only be available from BT. Try and get your money back.
Any youview box is designed to work with any broadband provider for catchup tv etc only the BT or talktalk portals are activated if you are with one of them. I bought a BT humax youview box recently of gumtree and I am with talktalk, the box works fine and has updated its firmware. I can even browse the talktalk app even though I am not subscribed to any tv package with them.

Looks like you have a faulty box. As Gomezz says as the bt boxes should only available from bt if anything goes wrong you are on your own. Depends how much you paid for it....

Just an update,contacted seller,took it back as he had a spare brand new boxed one ,tried my one on his BT hub etc,still exactly the same,the box was faulty.we tried the new one ,the on demand players worked straight away. I have taken it home and set it all up,it is all working perfectly,has just updated the software from the net,so i can use the Iphone app with it and all on demand players are working,so it does not appear to be locked to BT in any way,result ! :)

Back