Can’t remove auto-schedule-restore

The attachment is a zip of an Apple Pages document, which is actually a zip in itself, similar to Microsoft's docx. LibreOffice can import this format, and then export it as text, attached.

Wikipedia thinks that the text is in a .xml file in the zip, but in this version of the Pages format it seems to be in the Index/Document.iwa file in some binary format.

Anyhow, auto-scheduler-restore isn't listed.

Attachments

• :mod:var:opkg:status.txt
    14.8 KB · Views: 6
The attachment is a zip of an Apple Pages document, which is actually a zip in itself, similar to Microsoft's docx. LibreOffice can import this format, and then export it as text, attached.

Wikipedia thinks that the text is in a .xml file in the zip, but in this version of the Pages format it seems to be in the Index/Document.iwa file in some binary format.
Strewth, what a flamin' palaver. All I wanted was a zipped text file.
Anyway, installing and uninstalling worked fine for me from the command line (I did remove the BOM from the start of the file though as I assumed that was introduced by the above mess), so I suggest that's what the OP tries next (and reports what it says, if his Mac can manage a simple copy/paste operation).

Sorry guys. Didn’t expect to cause so much trouble with that zip file... :unsure:

I tried uninstall using the codes as suggested in posts 3 and 12 without any joy (I see the message “no packages removed” after running those commands). Should I be trying a different code? Sorry for my ignorance, but not sure what you are suggesting I try next.

Also tried force install to no effect (the package still shows in the ‘Available’ list).

Thanks for your patience...

From the command line (Webshell, telnet or ssh):
Code:
humax# opkg install auto-schedule-restore
humax# opkg info auto-schedule-restore
humax# opkg files auto-schedule-restore
humax# opkg remove auto-schedule-restore
and post the output.

Thanks prpr

Here's the output...

Code:
humax# opkg install auto-schedule-restore                                                                                  
Installing auto-schedule-restore (1.3) to root...
Downloading http://hpkg.tv/hdrfoxt2/base/auto-schedule-restore_1.3_mipsel.opk.
Configuring auto-schedule-restore.
Backing up scheduled recordings and events...
Done.
Backing up channel favourites...
  Names:
    Favourite 1
    Favourite 2
    Favourite 3
    Favourite 4                                                                                                            
    Favourite 5                                                                                                            
Done.                                                                                                                      
Backing up skiplist...                                                                                                      
Done.                                                                                                                      
Backing up channel list...                                                                                                
Done.                                                                                                                      
humax#

Auto-schedule restore now listed in installed packages for the first time (rather than staying in 'Available')

Code:
humax# opkg info auto-schedule-restore                                                                                      
Package: auto-schedule-restore                                                                                              
Version: 1.3                                                                                                                
Depends: webif (>= 1.0.16)                                                                                                  
Provides:                                                                                                                   
Status: install user installed                                                                                              
Section: misc                                                                                                               
Architecture: mipsel                                                                                                        
Maintainer: af123@hummypkg.org.uk                                                                                           
MD5Sum: 57df0e3eeaa4f3e3913b9479e14978b6                                                                                    
Size: 1358                                                                                                                  
Filename: auto-schedule-restore_1.3_mipsel.opk                                                                              
Description: Automatically restore recording schedule on first boot following a retune. [Ignore disable OTA events]         
Installed-Time: 1540028392

Code:
humax# opkg files auto-schedule-restore                                                                                     
Package auto-schedule-restore (1.3) is installed on root and has the following files:                                       
/mod/etc/init.d/S03autoschedule                                                                                             
/mod/sbin/autoschedule                                                                                                      
humax#

Code:
humax# opkg remove auto-schedule-restore                                                                                    
Removing package auto-schedule-restore from root...                                                                         
humax#

However, I'm still left with the file s03autoschedule in /mod/etc/init.d which I renamed from the original S03autoschedule (to stop it running on start up).

How do I delete this file?

I see 'permission denied' if I try to access /mod/etc/init.d in command line

Thanks for the help and patience

Last edited:
However, I'm still left with the file s03autoschedule in /mod/etc/init.d which I renamed from the original S03autoschedule (to stop it running on start up).

How do I delete this file?
humax# rm /mod/etc/init.d/s03autoschedule
Then see if you can install and remove the package from the WebIf again. We've proved there is nothing wrong with the opkg package/database handling stuff now.

Back