• The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

Can the 9200T be used without the remote control?

B

BrianH

I've just been given one of these but it came minus the remote. Can the unit be used simply as a recorder without the remote, or is the remote control essential?

It will be used with a Toshiba HD ready digital TV so there's no need for it to be used as a digi-receiver. I have it connected to the TV via a scart cable only.

Many thanks.

gomezz

I suggest you get an inexpensive universal remote control from One For All or Harmony which has the Humax 9200T code set programmed in.

My advice would be to contact Humax direct they may send you one for free (they did this for me about 6 months ago) or failing that try ebay i picked a nice and clean 2nd hand one for a fiver about 2 months ago, item number 170661818665 is only a quid right now just keep an eye on it you could get a bargain.

All1

OP
OP
B

BrianH

Many thanks guys. I may possibly have a universal remote somewhere in my garage (!) but if not I'll go for the one in ebay. At the moment it simply says "no signal" which could mean I need a remote or that the unit itself is duff.

Thanks again.

If the bargain options listed fail, you can get an original remote for £20 on Amazon.

Sounds like the box may be programmed for different channel frequencies than you currently use, so rescanning the channels should work (assuming the box isn't trollied). You'll need a remote to operate the box.

Cheers