Can You Pass The Life In The UK Test?

Aside from the intentional pun, would all those other species get the job done, or would you be pandering to diversity signalling by employing them?
Pandas? I don't see that they would help...

Maybe their polar cousins (which are white, of course)

Last edited:
I'm starting a campaign to ban white polar bears, unless we can get black polar bears too (and a few shades of brown for good measure).

Pandas? I don't see that they would help...

Maybe their polar cousins (which are white, of course)
Do you see them at the white cliffs of Dover as part of the border force? Or do we need ice sheets in the channel so they can patrol nearer to Calais?

What self-respecting polar bear would need an iceberg when they've got access to rubber dinghies?

Do you see them at the white cliffs of Dover as part of the border force? Or do we need ice sheets in the channel so they can patrol nearer to Calais?
Polar bears make ideal undercover agents at the white cliffs of Dover, since no-one can see them. Perhaps they've already been deployed?

Oh yesh.

Get the orcas which were attacking yachts near the Straights of Gibraltar involved, and there should be enough to go around for the sharks as well.

Parliament cannot do whatever it wants at any time. It has to abide by current UK laws, or pass a new law that says what they want to do is legal. See for example sending immigrants to Rwanda which the courts judged to be illegal. Government eventually managed to pass a law making it legal, but too late to use before the general election.
Someone who has not got a scoobies about our constitution speaks exactly like this nimrod.

Have a look https://www.parliament.uk/about/how/role/sovereignty/

"Parliamentary sovereignty is a principle of the UK constitution. It makes Parliament the supreme legal authority in the UK, which can create or end any law. Generally, the courts cannot overrule its legislation and no Parliament can pass laws that future Parliaments cannot change. Parliamentary sovereignty is the most important part of the UK constitution."

"Over the years, Parliament has passed laws that limit the application of parliamentary sovereignty. These laws reflect political developments both within and outside the UK.

They include:

• The devolution of power to bodies like the Scottish Parliament and Senedd Cymru.
  • The Human Rights Act 1998.
  • The UK's entry to the European Union in 1973 - and subsequent exit in 2020.
  • The decision to establish a UK Supreme Court in 2009, which ends the House of Lords function as the UK's final court of appeal.
These developments do not fundamentally undermine the principle of parliamentary sovereignty, since, in theory at least, Parliament could repeal any of the laws implementing these changes."

First two sentences were absolute before blair and his handlers took a baseball bat at it. I give it to you in easy to see red letters.

Who brought about 3 of the 4 bullet points and why?

It makes Parliament the supreme legal authority in the UK, which can create or end any law.
Yes that is true. But various governments have in recent years attempted to do things which are against the law, because they knew they wouldn't be able to pass a law to make it legal due to their slim majorities. The prime minister, cabinet and ruling party are not the things that are sovereign, that is reserved for parliament and to exercise it they must change or adhere to the law.

Yes that is true.
Great. Glad you agree with our constitution.
The prime minister, cabinet and ruling party are not the things that are sovereign
Would you please remind me where I said this? Why are you furiously building strawmen?

By the way. There were two questions above which you don't seem to want to answer. So now there are 4 questions you need to answer if you're not to be shown up as a chancer.

Great. Glad you agree with our constitution.
The UK famously does not have a written constitution. We have a collection of different laws passed at wildly different times and some unwritten conventions.
By the way. There were two questions above which you don't seem to want to answer. So now there are 4 questions you need to answer if you're not to be shown up as a chancer.
I have reported one of your postings due to it directly insulting me. I suggest you try not to add another to the list.

I do not feel under any obligation to answer your questions. The fact that you claim the UK has a constitution shows your lack of knowledge in this area.

You now have a strawmen village.
1. Of course we have a constitution.
2. Show me where I said "written constitution"

So. No answers it is.

No, the UK does not have a constitution, it simply has a set of laws. That's not the same as a constitution. A constitution is the founding document of a state, and the UK has no such thing.

Since you're so good at questions: post a link to the UK constitution.

In the context of "The Life In The UK Test" the Britain is described as having an "unwritten constitution".

Magna Carta is pretty much our constitution, even if it isn't called that – ie the founding principle that the monarch is not above the law.

It depends on whether you classify a uncodified constitution as a constitution.

Last edited:
Back