Cannot install Custom Firmware

Interesting that it writes the new system id to a location that doesn't normally contain the system id.

What is displayed for your System ID since you ran the file from myhumax ?, Does it display System ID 80bc.7e00 or System ID 0000.0000 - ffff.ffff
junkmanukuk has confirmed on Myhumax.org that it did change the system id to 80bc.7e00

Along with the ebay listing this means that the HDR-FOX T2 is now portraying the original symptoms as described by the seller, but now has the ability to load the different software.

The ebay seller's description was
ebay 9360gary said:
Item seems to power up and switch on.
Hard disk says. 0.00 GB, format it, then says 500GB.
If used for any amount of time and you want to switch it off and then back on again, it needs to be switched off at plug wait a couple of mins switch it back on, then it seems to power up.
Sometimes when you switch it on it just says ‘Start System’ on front facia screen, and does not boot up.
Sometimes it powers up, Humax appears on TV screen, then it switches off on its own (then repeats).
Unsure if overheating (doesn’t seem hot), broken, software issue or something else.
Factory warranty seal still on unit.
@junkmanukuk
Does it now never power up?
Does it continue to misbehave with the HDD disconnected?

Hi

When i ran the software it changed it to 80bc7e00 and i was able to install firmware etc but after installing the custom firmware ive only manged to get it to boot once and that was a green screen even from cold starts

Before i changed the System id number i wasnt able to install firmware but i was able to get it to boot most of the time from a cold start

I dont know much about the boxes but i would hold off using it as it seems to change the System id but i dont know if it causes more issues or its the box it self

If i can get it to boot i will take a pic showing the System id change

Ive just tried it aagin after leaving it unpluged for a couple of hours and im still unable to get it to display anything im still getting No Signal on my Tv and Start system on the box

Last edited:
Ive just tried it aagin after leaving it unpluged for a couple of hours and im still unable to get it to display anything im still getting No Signal on my Tv and Start system on the box
Have you tried switching it on with the HDD disconnected?

Have you tried switching it on with the HDD disconnected?
Yeah still the same

i will keep trying using different versions of Firmware, loaders etc and see if anything works and report back

If u guys have any more ideas let me know

Thxs

Interesting that it writes the new system id to a location that doesn't normally contain the system id.
I knew how to do this at one point but was asked not to share it. I actually had to update humidify to be able to generate those files at the time. Humax used to change the system ID for beta testers if I'm remembering correctly, but only to one higher or lower than the standard, I've never seen one like the one reported here, so there could be some flash corruption.

Specifically this is a 4-byte file of type 2 within the hdf archive, and the archive is configured to apply to a box with any system ID.

Last edited:
Back