Cannot see the TV Portal page

Ok dok.

As I said I have no experience with homeplug configuration but to try and rule them in or out of the problem I would try one or both (if possible) of the following tests :-

a) Try connecting a laptop/PC to the internet via the same homeplug that the humax is using and/or
b) try connecting the humax directly to the router.

If a) works and your PC can access the internet then your homeplug configuration is fine.
If b) works then your Humax/router configuration is fine and the issue lies in the Humax/homeplug combination.
If b) doesn't work concentrate on getting that combination to work first and then add the homeplugs to the mix.

I'm pretty sure there are whole thread(s) on here about homeplug use. Try a search for the term - the answer may have already been found.

With the Humax connected directly to the router by an Ethernet cable and switched on, go into Settings>Internet Settings>LAN on the Humax and set the IP address to DCHP rather than manual. Then hit apply. If successful you should get a message indicating this. Then try the TV portal.

Well I did try this morning plugging the humax directly into the router and had no joy.
You didn't provide the info. BH asked for in post #13.
You need to quote the Subnet mask and the Gateway. It would also help to know what the LAN IP address is for the router, to save anyone assuming.
On Netgear routers there is often a Diagnostics Ping facility. Have you tried that to the Humax's address? That will at least prove LAN connectivity.

With the Humax connected directly to the router by an Ethernet cable and switched on, go into Settings>Internet Settings>LAN on the Humax and set the IP address to DCHP rather than manual. Then hit apply. If successful you should get a message indicating this. Then try the TV portal.
Yes tried that.

You didn't provide the info. BH asked for in post #13.
You need to quote the Subnet mask and the Gateway. It would also help to know what the LAN IP address is for the router, to save anyone assuming.
On Netgear routers there is often a Diagnostics Ping facility. Have you tried that to the Humax's address? That will at least prove LAN connectivity.
DHCP - Yes
IP - 192.168.1.21
Mask - 255.255.255.0
Gateway - 192.168.1.1
DNS - 192.168.1.1
Network Connected appears on the screen after you select Apply.
LAN - 192.168.1.1
PC - 192.168.1.2

Couldn't find a ping facility but tracert responded in 4ms.

After a very long time with the TV left in Portal mode I get the message "Cannot connect to network. Please check your internet connection or network settings.".

Is it possible that with Humax logging on their server by MAC address that it is them that are not allowing the connection? Maybe because of using a new router etc.

Got ping to work.

C:\Windows\system32>ping 192.168.1.21

Pinging 192.168.1.21 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.21: bytes=32 time=11ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.21: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.21: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.21: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.21:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 3ms, Maximum = 11ms, Average = 5ms

That proves your LAN is working then. Without being able to Telnet into the Humax (you need the Customised Firmware) I'm not sure what to suggest next. I presume you haven't got any odd firewall rules in your router or anything like that?

After a very long time with the TV left in Portal mode I get the message "Cannot connect to network. Please check your internet connection or network settings.".
So neither the TV nor the Hummy are getting through to iPlayer etc.
It doesn't sound like a Hummy problem then.
Can you get throught to iPlayer from your PC?

That proves your LAN is working then. Without being able to Telnet into the Humax (you need the Customised Firmware) I'm not sure what to suggest next. I presume you haven't got any odd firewall rules in your router or anything like that?
No odd rules in the router.

So neither the TV nor the Hummy are getting through to iPlayer etc.
It doesn't sound like a Hummy problem then.
Can you get throught to iPlayer from your PC?
Yes I can get iPlayer on the PC but the problem was getting the portal page which I don't even get to see to even select iPlayer.

In post #29 you said "After a very long time with the TV left in Portal mode ...".
I'm a bit confused, did you mean "TV" or did you mean "Humax"?

My previous suggestion was based on the belief that you were having the same problem with both.

Did you reflash your firmware as advised in May?
No I was not able to. I have not been able to find the latest file version 1.03.12 to download from the internet. I have the latest version auto installed by the OTA. I have performed updates of previous versions before which I downloaded so don't have a problem doing it.

In post #29 you said "After a very long time with the TV left in Portal mode ...".
I'm a bit confused, did you mean "TV" or did you mean "Humax"?

My previous suggestion was based on the belief that you were having the same problem with both.

Yes I meant Humax was left in Portal Mode. Unfortunately my TV was bought 10 mins before the rules changed and so it can neither tune to HD nor connect to IPTV so it is just an expensive monitor for the Humax.

I have just reloaded ver 1.03.12 of the firmware. Not sure it really reloaded as it did not take more than 30 seconds. And guess what? You will never guess. Yep it did not fix it. I see cannot see the portal page.

Back