Can't access web interface

Try looking at the database:
Code:
sqlite3 /mnt/hd1/epg.db
.tables
.indices epg
.quit

Hope I did this right, the output might as well be in Greek :)

humax# sqlite3 /mnt/hd1/epg.db
SQLite version 3.7.5
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> .tables
sqlite> epg
sqlite> sqlite> .indices epg
start
tm
sqlite> sqlite> .quit
humax#
humax# sqlite3 /mnt/hd1/epg.db
es
.indices epg
.quit
SQLite version 3.7.5
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> sqlite> epg
sqlite> sqlite> start
tm
sqlite> sqlite> humax#
humax#

EDIT

No shortcut icons on remote control.

It also says

MSG: no such table: epg.epg
BBC%20One%20HD.png
Watching 101: BBC One HD

I am watching ITV1-HD.

How peculiar. Everything looks like it should be fine. The database exists and looks sane (as far as I can tell from your output) and all of your disk partitions are there.

Can you try running the epgcheck diagnostic from the command line?

Code:
humax# diag epgcheck

Don't type the humax# bit - that's the prompt of the box shown for context.
It might take a minute to run and give you your prompt back as it creates a test database dump.

Trust me to find some obscure bug :(

Hope it's not idiot new user problem :)

Response

humax# diag epgcheck
Running: epgcheck
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4698112 Nov 10 21:52 /mnt/hd1/epg.db
CREATE TABLE epg ([service_id] integer, [event_id] integer, [start] integer, [en
d] integer, [duration] integer, [name] text, [text] text, [warning] text, [conte
nt_type] integer, [content] text, [event_crid] text, [series_crid] text, [rec_cr
id] text);
CREATE INDEX start on epg(start);
CREATE INDEX tm on epg(start,end);
Welcome to Jim version 0.73
. . . ::epgpath /mnt/hd1/dvbepg/epg.dat
. ::epgdbpath /mnt/hd1/epg.db
. ::qepg 1
. <reference.<epg____>.00000000000000000000> <reference.<epg____>.00000000000000
000002> <reference.<epg____>.00000000000000000004>

Guess what, now I have some recorded content, everything works :). I have a full list of installed packages. Just need to play with customised epg views and the remote favorites. Watch this space. Many thanks for every one thay has helped. I may be back :)

I reckon you must be unique in having installed the CF before recording anything at all! An untested situation.

I reckon you must be unique in having installed the CF before recording anything at all! An untested situation.
Afraid not, I have installed, manually tuned, upgraded firmware, and installed customised firmware plus a variety of additional packages, all within 1.5 hours from purchasing my new box on Saturday afternoon.:)

All went very smoothly and perfectly to plan, and my first recording was made 1.5 hours later.

Heh! When I acquired HDR No2 I gave it a shake-down before proceeding.

However, if you didn't go poking around the way Graham did, you would not have noticed these wrinkles.

New day a new problem :)

Remote control - tried it using channel 4 and channel 5.

Press guide - Yellow - OK - Right - Up (to change from current ITV1-HD to BBC-HD) OK to accept - OK doesn't work and Cursor Keys don't either. Reloading the webif gets me back to start and following same sequence produces same problem

Settings Channel Group - Selecting any option but none produces invalid value for channel_group. I can't find a way to edit the epg channel group either.

You mean ir? I have similar problems on my HD-FOX, I thought related to the difficulties I had getting 1.02.29 + CF1.12 to "take". The emulated RC does not affect the Hummy In any way, and a message in the status bar comes up something like "no file EPG.epg" (although I think that might be new with updated WebIF).

I have not bothered to sort it out because although I occasionally use ir for the HDR, it has very little relevance to my HD (with no TSR or recording ability).

Ok - have had chance to install new custom firmware (there was a gap in my wife's viewing schedule!).
Works great. Can see files via pc. Have converted stream to mp4. Magic.

but...

How do I save that mp4 to pc? Can I do it through I/F or do I need to get it from hummy box via memory stick?

I'm missing something *really* obvious I know!!!

George

Back