1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't connect to portal

Discussion in 'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder' started by John Verity, Nov 13, 2012.

1. John Verity

John Verity New Member

Hi, I have connected a box using a wifi dongle, It recognises the connection but when I try to get the portal up on screen it says it can't connect to the portal then gives an http address for Humax, I saw a thread that said to power off then power on again and this should sort it but I have tried this several times to no avail, any help would be much appriciated.

2. MartinLiddle

MartinLiddle Super Moderator Staff Member

Can you give us the values of the various parameters shown when you press Menu>Settings>System>Internet Setting>Configure LAN ?

3. John Verity

John Verity New Member

Sorry, i have been trying to put my broadband password in rather than my wifi pass word from my BT Hub I have now got the portal connected but it has to have the password re assigned when i turn the box on from stand by, is this a common fault?

4. af123

af123 Administrator Staff Member

It's common if you have disabled SSID broadcast on your router. Some people think that disabling this improves security; it doesn't but it can break functionality.

Otherwise it has been seen with some makes of router regardless of that setting and one fix is to install the custom firmware and the wireless-helper package.

5. John Verity

John Verity New Member

Wont that invalidate the warranty by installing the custom firmware? anyway, thanks for the help

6. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

I think I'm correct in saying that there haven't been any reports of Humax refusing Warranty work due to Custom Firmware, however as it is possible to remove the Custom Firmware and return the Humax back to 'normal', Humax have probably never had a returned unit with Custom Firmware on it

7. Daniel

Daniel New Member

do you have a disk connectrd? Can you access recordings?
    If not, try and mend that. I could not connect to my portal. After plugging in the disk again (plug had fallen out) the portal works fine again

8. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

It's worth checking how stale a topic is, and how worthwhile reopening it would be, before posting.

9. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

I guess that the problem the OP posted is no longer a problem, it was 6 Months ago :)

10. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Fair point. But, this topic came up on the TapaTalk greeting screen. So, it seemed current.
    Plus, I found this solution just today after 3 weeks unsuccessful trials

11. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

I'm not so sure about that, as this topic is in the HDR-FOX section. The HDR-FOX does not need a hard disk plugged in, and neither does the HD-FOX just to access the TV Portal. Whatever your problem was, it was deeper than just the disk not being connected (unless you have installed the custom portal).

12. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Right. Am using the custom portal. Hence the dependence on the HDD.

13. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

Another tip then: check the context. For enquiries in the non-customised sections of the forum, presume the enquirer does not have the custom firmware installed unless there is clear evidence otherwise.

I think Tapatalk has a lot to answer for in this case, and there was I (only very recently) asking how people get on with it!