Can't connect to portal

John Verity

Hi, I have connected a box using a wifi dongle, It recognises the connection but when I try to get the portal up on screen it says it can't connect to the portal then gives an http address for Humax, I saw a thread that said to power off then power on again and this should sort it but I have tried this several times to no avail, any help would be much appriciated.

Can you give us the values of the various parameters shown when you press Menu>Settings>System>Internet Setting>Configure LAN ?

Sorry, i have been trying to put my broadband password in rather than my wifi pass word from my BT Hub I have now got the portal connected but it has to have the password re assigned when i turn the box on from stand by, is this a common fault?

It's common if you have disabled SSID broadcast on your router. Some people think that disabling this improves security; it doesn't but it can break functionality.

Otherwise it has been seen with some makes of router regardless of that setting and one fix is to install the custom firmware and the wireless-helper package.

It's common if you have disabled SSID broadcast on your router. Some people think that disabling this improves security; it doesn't but it can break functionality.

Otherwise it has been seen with some makes of router regardless of that setting and one fix is to install the custom firmware and the wireless-helper package.
Wont that invalidate the warranty by installing the custom firmware? anyway, thanks for the help

I think I'm correct in saying that there haven't been any reports of Humax refusing Warranty work due to Custom Firmware, however as it is possible to remove the Custom Firmware and return the Humax back to 'normal', Humax have probably never had a returned unit with Custom Firmware on it

do you have a disk connectrd? Can you access recordings?
If not, try and mend that. I could not connect to my portal. After plugging in the disk again (plug had fallen out) the portal works fine again

It's worth checking how stale a topic is, and how worthwhile reopening it would be, before posting.

Fair point. But, this topic came up on the TapaTalk greeting screen. So, it seemed current.
Plus, I found this solution just today after 3 weeks unsuccessful trials

I'm not so sure about that, as this topic is in the HDR-FOX section. The HDR-FOX does not need a hard disk plugged in, and neither does the HD-FOX just to access the TV Portal. Whatever your problem was, it was deeper than just the disk not being connected (unless you have installed the custom portal).

Another tip then: check the context. For enquiries in the non-customised sections of the forum, presume the enquirer does not have the custom firmware installed unless there is clear evidence otherwise.

I think Tapatalk has a lot to answer for in this case, and there was I (only very recently) asking how people get on with it!

Back