Can't Select Some Programmes from the EPG

Paul Harris

I'm sure this must have been raised before but I can't find a similar post.

I'm having trouble selecting some programmes from the EPG. This just happened...

- Watching ITV1 (real time)
- Selected the EPG (via guide button)
- Cursor up to BBC2 and pressed ok to switch to that channel.

Instead of switching to BBC2 I get a popup:

** Reservation **
Record
Watch
Cancel

- Select 'Watch'
- Another popup:

** Notice **
Do You Want To Watch The Reserved Program
Yes
No

- Selecting 'yes' just exits the EPG leaving me on ITV1

Back in the EPG the programme on BBC2 is showing as reserved.

This happens to me a lot. The only way to switch to another channel is to P (up/down) button to go to an adjacent channel then I can usually use the EPG to switch again.

An ideas or previous posts that may have covered this?

You can only use the epg to switch to a channel that the epg considers is currently playing. Otherwise it will reserve it as a future event.

You can only use the epg to switch to a channel that the epg considers is currently playing. Otherwise it will reserve it as a future event.

Yes, that's the point. It is a currently playing programme. I can go to the programme if I come out of the EPG and use P +/- It's like the EPG doesn't recognise that it's current until I reserve it then offers me the choice to watch it (since it's on now) then doesn't do anything when I say yes.

Happens to me as well, so don't feel paranoid and that that they are all ganging up on you;) Weird, isn't it? Especially the fact that it's intermittent

Have you ever used list to move to the channel you tried to move to and pressed info to see what the the box considers is the current playing programme. Errors here are often the problem with accurate recording.

Have you ever used list to move to the channel you tried to move to and pressed info to see what the the box considers is the current playing programme. Errors here are often the problem with accurate recording.
Good point, - I'll check next time it happens. The "i" button being used to sort the list confused me but I can see that the current programme can be viewed via "opt".

@ gomezz & Trev:
Yes - it's the intemittent nature that's confusing. Making it occur to order to try things like Graham has suggested is of course impossible :) Sods law.

I have seen this happen often and done exactly what you suggested, for some reason it thinks that that programme that finished several minutes before is still running so will not let me change, only offers to record or watch, selecting watch does not change to it. I now use list and OK, or the Up/Down "P" button.

Back