CBS Action series link

The point is that in that case the broadcaster was blaming it on the STB manufacturers, rather than find out what was wrong with the EPG data, so the expectation is that they will do so again.

I think that EEPhil is referring to 'guide' as an approximation of transmission time as defined by the BBC, rather than an accurate schedule.
And as the EPG should be, but is not always accurate, then it's an approximate guide when it should be an accurate schedule.
Indeed I was. Trust me to pick a word (guide) that would cause confusion!

It would also mean abandoning the use of series link. All that CBS would have to do would be to juggle their regular schedule just a little and the recordings would be messed up (again). I don't really want to have to check their EPG once a week just in case they do decide to do something unhelpful like that.
I find that this is exactly what I have to do. Series link seems to go missing all the time on programmes I want to record. (The Avengers on True Entertainment, Hawaii Five-0 & Streets of SF on CBS Action). I keep finding programmes not listed in the recording schedule that should be on series link - and the programme IS in the EPG. We have to work within the (in)competancies of the broadcasters and Humax and do what is necessary to record the programmes. If that means constantly checking the EPG and/or programme listings online or in newspapers then so be it. A pain, but what else can you do?

What you can do is use the custom firmware remote scheduling web service to schedule these items by text matching. That won't solve the AR bit, or consecutive recordings problem, but at least it will catch all the EPG entries without relying on series CRIDs.

I have spotted Quest+1 with completely the wrong entry in the EPG - not corresponding with the programme actually transmitted, while the entry for Quest itself (one hour previous) is correct. Obviously even text matching will fail under these circumstances.

Just came across this thread

CBS Action are serial offenders with series link, they did the same thing Oct/Nov last year

I had a series link for Dexter which picked up all of series one and most of series two but then the omitted the series link for the rest of series 2 and all of series 3

It crosses my mind that I need to take preventative measures for Foyle's War on ITV3. I have all but series 7, and there are a good few weeks to go before the re-run gets to them...

Back