CF 1.16 HDR mode

Vermillion

Hi guys I have tried HDR mode on Custom firmware 1.16 but still have the picture freezing and an unresponsive HD Fox T2, the power must be reset. HDR mode works great on CF1.14 but not on CF1.15 and 1.16 my telnet output when HDR mode is used on 1.15 and 1.16 is:
humax# bootHDRmode
ln: /media/drive1/My Video/Video: File exists
ln: /media/drive1/My Music: File exists
humax#

But on CF1.14 is:
humax# bootHDRmode
humax#

And HDR mode works and works well.

If this is a custom firmware issue I am willing to be the guinea pig say if someone is able to make a firmware with half the changes between 1.14 and 1.15 and I will test it, if it works with HDR mode the problem must be in the other half of the changes. we could keep testing like this until we narrow the problem down.

He say, I have updated to CF 1.16 and have just tried HDRmode via Telnet and I get the same output...File exists.
It seems to work OK. I could play a recording from my /video files but I did not have time to do anything else yet as I had to relinquish the TV because Farewell Becky is on!

Yes for some HDR mode is working on 1.15 and I would assume 1.16 but it is not working for all, some appear to have the same freezing problem that I am afflicted with.:(

Sorry to hear that. Copied a 1.9 GB file to virtual and it decrypted so the problem doesn't seem to be related to CF1.15 or 1.16.

No change with my HD-Fox either. bootHDRmode works fine on CF1.14 but hangs on CF1.15 or CF1.16, whether initiated from Telnet ot remote.

I got my HD-Fox earlier this month, BlackCat3000 how long have you had your box, if it is quite new also maybe there has been a slight hardware revision or some other difference in the boxes that may cause say older boxes to work and newer ones to freeze. Just speculating, I would really love to get to the bottom of this.

I would really love to get to the bottom of this.

Me too, my HD runs HDR Mode with CF 1.16 perfectly which makes it difficult for me to look into it.

With CF 1.15+, does telnet still work after you've run bootHDRMode
If so, could you post the output of ps -w while it's in the stuck state?

There was one change in the settop restart code between 1.14 and 1.15 that /might/ be the culprit, but I can't see how at the moment.

Thanks.

I've upgraded to CF 1.16 on my HD box and everything appears to be working fine as well.
The only thing I can suggest, and it was how I got over a few problems with CF versions before 1.15, is to start-over with a clean hard drive and re-installing the normal firmware, then the CF and then the rest of the packages.
I know this could be a problem if you have saved video files, but it has worked for me in the past.

I am using a Scart connection to my TV. Is it a problem with HDMI being upset that causes the freezing?

Very strange - I've just moved to 1.16 and tested it and all was fine. Are you on bootHDR 1.1? I have seen something that sounds like what you're reporting, but only a couple of times out of 10s of reboots since moving to 1.15 (including the 1st time after upgrading so I thought it was broke for me too, but then it was ok) Maybe something about your setup? Is anyone having problems able to test with a fresh, clean install (on a spare usb HD for example)? The "file exists" error is a red herring I think - there won't be an error first time its run, but after that the links are already set up so it complains (but runs the HDR executable fine).

af123 my telnet still works while in the frozen picture state. Here is the output file while in this state you requested:

humax# bootHDRmode
ln: /media/drive1/My Video/Video: File exists
ln: /media/drive1/My Music: File exists
humax# ps -w
PID USER VSZ STAT COMMAND
1 root 1248 S init
2 root 0 SW [migration/0]
3 root 0 SWN [ksoftirqd/0]
4 root 0 SW [migration/1]
5 root 0 SWN [ksoftirqd/1]
6 root 0 SW< [events/0]
7 root 0 SW< [events/1]
8 root 0 SW< [khelper]
9 root 0 SW< [kthread]
10 root 0 SW< [kblockd/0]
11 root 0 SW< [kblockd/1]
12 root 0 SW< [khubd]
13 root 0 SW< [kseriod]
14 root 0 SW [pdflush]
15 root 0 SW [pdflush]
16 root 0 SW< [kswapd0]
17 root 0 SW< [aio/0]
18 root 0 SW< [aio/1]
19 root 0 SW< [ata/0]
20 root 0 SW< [ata/1]
21 root 0 SW< [ata_aux]
22 root 0 SW< [scsi_eh_0]
23 root 0 SW< [scsi_eh_1]
24 root 0 SW [mtdblockd]
25 root 0 SW< [kpsmoused]
27 root 1244 S {rcS} /bin/sh /etc/init.d/rcS
28 root 0 SW< [scsi_eh_2]
29 root 0 SW< [usb-storage]
76 root 0 SWN [jffs2_gcd_mtd1]
77 root 0 SWN [jffs2_gcd_mtd2]
123 nobody 936 S /usr/bin/dnsmasq
128 root 816 R /sbin/utelnetd -l /bin/sh -p 23 -d
146 root 1244 S {S90settop} /bin/sh /etc/init.d/S90settop start
255 root 0 SW< [kjournald]
354 root 1344 S < /mod/sbin/crond
356 root 12376 S < /mod/sbin/mongoose /mod/etc/mongoose.conf
370 root 828 S < /mod/sbin/anacron -s -d
374 root 4112 S < /mod/bin/epg -f /media/drive1/epgsavedata sqlitedumpd /media/drive1/epg.db
389 root 924 S < /mod/sbin/betaftpd
414 root 924 S < /mod/sbin/auto-unprotectd -d /media/drive1/dms_cds.db /media/drive1/Video/
421 root 1240 S < {scanHDRboot} /bin/sh /mod/sbin/scanHDRboot
564 root 1256 S udhcpc -t 5 -T 10 -p /var/lib/humaxtv/udhcpc.eth0.pid -i eth0
583 root 1248 S -/bin/sh
718 root 1232 S < sleep 3
730 root 1232 S sleep 1
731 root 1336 R ps -w
humax#

Also webif still works just the picture and all buttons whether remote or front panel are frozen.

af123 my telnet still works while in the frozen picture state. Here is the output file while in this state you requested:

Also webif still works just the picture and all buttons whether remote or front panel are frozen.

Aha! I bet it works for everyone that uses a static IP, and doesn't for those who use DHCP...

Very strange - I've just moved to 1.16 and tested it and all was fine. Are you on bootHDR 1.1? I have seen something that sounds like what you're reporting, but only a couple of times out of 10s of reboots since moving to 1.15 (including the 1st time after upgrading so I thought it was broke for me too, but then it was ok) Maybe something about your setup? Is anyone having problems able to test with a fresh, clean install (on a spare usb HD for example)? The "file exists" error is a red herring I think - there won't be an error first time its run, but after that the links are already set up so it complains.

I am on a clean install running bootHDR 1.1 and have tried numerous times with reformats (via the pc)and then formatting on the hd box then software reinstall so I am at a loss. Wish I had another box to try on then at least we would know if it was the box or the software install. Any suggestions I will try as I am quite willing to reformat and try different software setups.

hmm - no /usr/bin/humaxtv in the process list by the look of it.

Might get a clue from trying to run it directly at this point (type "/usr/bin/humaxtv") and see what happens...

I've coupled up using an HDMI lead and booted in and out of HDRmode. Plenty of green flashing on the screen but no freezing, so perhaps a red herring.

Back