[CFW 2.13] Customised Firmware version 2.13

af123

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pleased to announce the release of version 2.13 of the customised firmware with the following changes over 2.12:
  • Fix race condition bug in maintenance mode which stopped it initialising properly on occasion if a disk was slow to mount;
  • Front panel feedback for maintenance mode (MAINTENANCE on HDR, UtiL on HD);
  • Add parameters to fix-disk to allow selective partition checking, magic number check skip and additional filesystem check options;
  • Add persistent log file for fix-disk;
  • Add RMA (Return to Manufacturer) mode to allow for complete removal of custom firmware.
Maintenance mode should be more reliable in starting up when a disk is faulty and fix-disk is more flexible to help fix more disk problems - I recommend you only use the options to fix-disk under guidance. Thanks to xyz321 for some of the ideas in this new version and for helping me test and debug them!

Downloads available from the usual page: http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads

halloween.gif

I'm pleased to announce the release of version 2.13 of the customised firmware with the following changes over 2.12:
  • Fix race condition bug in maintenance mode which stopped it initialising properly on occasion if a disk was slow to mount;
  • Front panel feedback for maintenance mode (MAINTENANCE on HDR, UtiL on HD);
  • Add parameters to fix-disk to allow selective partition checking, magic number check skip and additional filesystem check options;
  • Add persistent log file for fix-disk;
  • Add RMA (Return to Manufacturer) mode to allow for complete removal of custom firmware.
Maintenance mode should be more reliable in starting up when a disk is faulty and fix-disk is more flexible to help fix more disk problems - I recommend you only use the options to fix-disk under guidance. Thanks to xyz321for some of the ideas in this new version and for helping me test and debug them!

Downloads available from the usual page: http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads

halloween.gif
Just saw this and downloaded and installed it. Great!

What do you mean by an "RMA Mode"? I know what RMA means, just how do you access that?

What do you mean by an "RMA Mode"? I know what RMA means, just how do you access that?

It will be an option under Diagnostics in the next release of the web interface, which is getting close!

Once in RMA mode, all customised firmware components will be cleared the next time the box boots and will not be automatically reinstated. You can then re-install the official firmware and you are back to a standard box.

The fix-disk script only works on the internal drive at the moment and only repairs ext2/3. The original assumption was that users would be able to use other systems in order to repair any external drives. Testing of external drives by the HD (or HDR) would require additional file system check programs in order to support the different filesystems out there.

The utilities in the firmware let you do things like format USB sticks as ext2. HD CFW doesn't include fix-disk but you could still do a disk check from maintenance mode.

Rock on! Are there some simple command-line scripts to format Ext2 and convert Ext3 to Ext2?

having trouble installing this, pulled usb for hard drive out the rear socket and plugged formatted stick into front, all while machine was dormant, went i switch on it just loads the 2.12 firmware and goes to BBC1 as usual.

i unzipped the hdf file and ensured it was a root file, the hummy was def off and idle. could an ethernet cable be affecting things??

ps why isnt this latest fw thread stickied at the top of the topics list?? personally i think all the mods should be a the top?

having trouble installing this, pulled usb for hard drive out the rear socket and plugged formatted stick into front, all while machine was dormant, went i switch on it just loads the 2.12 firmware and goes to BBC1 as usual.
This means your stick isn't being recognised. Try another one.

personally i think all the mods should be a the top?
The first page of topics would get very cluttered... but I can see an argument for pinning the topic for the latest CF (and unpinning the one it supersedes).

Back