[CFW 2.22/1.03.11] Customised firmware based on 1.03.11

Excellent! I'll try it out on one of my HDRs. Is the new disk checking routine compatible with AF disks? Is the non-customised version available?

Is the new disk checking routine compatible with AF disks?

It should be, as long as the logical sector size is 512 bytes (and I've never seen one where that isn't the case).

Is the non-customised version available?

I wasn't planning to construct one.. there isn't the same requirement as last time when people had broken boxes following downgrade.

It should be, as long as the logical sector size is 512 bytes (and I've never seen one where that isn't the case).

I wasn't planning to construct one.. there isn't the same requirement as last time when people had broken boxes following downgrade.

On the latter I was instructed when doing the BootHD thingy that I should use not custom.... since I'm not at home I'm about to load the custom onto HD-T2. I'll find out whether this is a disaster in the next few minutes unless someone gets back to me and says don't do it....

OK all is good it does work on the HD-T2 box with it being customised. The other thing I forgot to mention on the other thread another advantage of the BBC iPlayer on the 1.03.XX series is that when you exit playing a BBC program it remembers where you were so you get a resume or not via the last played option. Which it did after I did the upgrade and allowed me to continue with the Today programme. Thank you MontysEvilTwin for telling me how to do it on Tuesday since I have been making good use of it today.

Anyhow well done af123, hummybee and xrs for helping you.

I have just installed this on one box to see how it goes.

af123, would it be worth amending the thread title to include the CFW version number 2.22?
[CFW 2.22/1.03.11] Customised firmware based on 1.03.11

I've got 1.03.11/ 2.22 running on my 'RE' box. So far, so good. FYI, I have noticed that the Micom version is now 9.3: it used to be 12.1. I don't know what Micom does or if this is significant.

Attachments

• System_Info.jpg
    System_Info.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 17
Loaded v1.03.11 & CF v2.22 on two of my HDR's. I have not noticed a single difference up to now. Which is good, I suppose, as they don't seemed to have 'broke' anything either!

I have just converted from 1.02.32/CF2.20 to 1.03.11/CF2.22.
(I'm an update freak, so when I couldn't find CF2.22 for 1.02.32, I had no choice but go the whole hog :D )
All seems to be working with no apparent differences :)

If you haven't tried it already, have a look at the improved portal (e.g BBC iPlayer).

You may also want to consider adding the 'New Portal' package.

Note :- with 1.03.06 and 1.03.11 you MUST uninstall the old Custom Firmware package xtra1 and then install the 'new Portal'. Previous versions of the Custom Firmware TV portal will not function correctly when working in conjunction with CFW 1.03.xx versions

Back