[CFW 3.11] Customised Firmware v3.11 released.

Booted the Humax and logged in via the Web IF while it was still booting. It served the Initialising... message for a rather longer than I remember earlier versions taking to initialise and then a heartstopping 'No internal disk found' etc.

Before panicking I refreshed it and up came the reassuring home page.

So could this possibly have some bearing on The Greek's problem?

Or is it standard behaviour and I've not noticed it, is it something the new CFW's bootstrap web pages have introduced, or have I yet another thing to worry about?

Or is it standard behaviour and I've not noticed it, is it something the new CFW's bootstrap web pages have introduced, or have I yet another thing to worry about?
The disk may have taken longer to initialise than expected (bootstrap allows 20 seconds) or it may not have allowed the full 20 seconds due to some kind of caching in your browser. Probably nothing to worry about!

I have just updated to 3.11.
I now cannot play files via the WebIF, on checking I found in the media details that the DLNA URL was totally wrong.
I checked the network settings and all entries except the SSID were blank. I have filled in all the details, saved and done a reboot but although the correct network setting are showing the file DLNA URL is still totally wrong.
Any ideas on what I can do/try ?

You can check that content sharing is actually enabled (it sometimes resets itself) and reset the data base from the webif Diagnostics menu.

I doubt if the change in firmware has anything to do with it - I have had the beta test version for quite a while and no-one else has reported problems with watching recordings until the FF release update

The disk may have taken longer to initialise than expected (bootstrap allows 20 seconds)...
Just run a test. The Initialising... message page is served at say 25 seconds from a cold start and at 1'10" the 'No internal disk...' message appears. This disappears at 2'05" if you keep manually reloading the page and you get redirected to the home page.

This is a lot longer than I remember it taking with the earlier CFW.

Just run a test. The Initialising... message page is served at say 25 seconds from a cold start and at 1'10" the 'No internal disk...' message appears. This disappears at 2'05" if you keep manually reloading the page and you get redirected to the home page.

This is a lot longer than I remember it taking with the earlier CFW.
That does seem long - I've never seen mine having to go to the 'No internal disk' message in testing. I have a 4TB internal disk which takes longer to initialise than the 2TB I had previously.
As long as you don't use any of the custom kernel features, you could test with the stock kernel to eliminate it, but there are no changes in there since 3.10.

That does seem long...
Just done another test. Booted it and played a recording as soon as I could, which was well within a minute. Went to the PC and it was still serving the Initialising... page. Forgot to put a clock on it this time but it seemed to be about the same timings as above. So the Humax itself is quite happy, it's the CFW that's lagging. Could it be something along the lines of it can't get a look-in until the Humax has finished some post-startup operations?

Could the The Greek's problem above be related? I'm assuming "No internal disk message" is via the webif and they didn't say whether or might not have tried to see if the Humax is actually working.

FWIW the Humax here has the original 500GB Seagate Pipeline ST3500312CS drive.

If you upload it as a text file it should be fine. I was hoping it would show how long each bit of initialisation work was taking so we could look for the slow bit.

If you upload it as a text file it should be fine...
OK, here goes. Has the advantage it reads in a forward direction.

Looking at it there's a minute between 'setup hosts' and 'run init'.

Attachments

• modinit.log.230317.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 4
OK, here goes. Has the advantage it reads in a forward direction.
Thanks, I'll have a look. (For future reference you can switch the direction by clicking the top of the first column where it says Line with a down arrow or if you download the log with the 'download' button it should be in date order too)

Looking at it there's a minute between 'setup hosts' and 'run init'.
Yes, here's the timeline for mine for comparison.
Code:
=== Thu Mar 23 20:14:23 UTC 2017 - modinit - -boot ===========================
=== Thu Mar 23 20:14:23 UTC 2017 - setup boothosts ===========================
=== Thu Mar 23 20:14:23 UTC 2017 - setup hostname ===========================
=== Thu Mar 23 20:14:23 UTC 2017 - complete ===========================
=== Thu Mar 23 20:14:47 UTC 2017 - modinit - ===========================
=== Thu Mar 23 20:14:47 UTC 2017 - diag ===========================
=== Thu Mar 23 20:14:49 UTC 2017 - init ===========================
=== Thu Mar 23 20:14:49 UTC 2017 - reset all ===========================
=== Thu Mar 23 20:14:50 UTC 2017 - rma ===========================
=== Thu Mar 23 20:14:50 UTC 2017 - cleanup ===========================
=== Thu Mar 23 20:14:50 UTC 2017 - ugprade bootmod ===========================
=== Thu Mar 23 20:14:50 UTC 2017 - setup directories ===========================
=== Thu Mar 23 20:14:50 UTC 2017 - create modenv ===========================
=== Thu Mar 23 20:14:50 UTC 2017 - migrate bootmod ===========================
=== Thu Mar 23 20:14:50 UTC 2017 - setup hostname ===========================
=== Thu Mar 23 20:14:50 UTC 2017 - setup hosts ===========================
=== Thu Mar 23 20:14:50 UTC 2017 - run init ===========================
=== Thu Mar 23 20:15:03 UTC 2017 - complete ===========================

I can't think why setup hosts could take a minute

Back