Changes to Freesat

Graham....I just noticed ...Quest + 1 now also Free to air ! on Astra 2 europe beam (11582 ,H , 22000) (Receiving on full power here! ) ..will that also change to spot beam ?

Great news....UKTV's Dave and Home channels at last coming to Freesat....On August 1st!

On Astra 2 Uk spot beam 12129 ,V , 27500, 2/3 .....For those wanting to manual tune (Still encrypted at the mo ! )

Last edited:
I would feel more excited about that if (a) they weren't already on Freeview, and (b) I actually watched either of them.

Hello Mike ...yes i know the new channels are on Freeview ...But not everyone can receive Freeview (as i live in Munich! ) ...so its great news the few channels that are on freeview, but missing from Freesat are now being being added !

Last edited:
It's a strange setup really. You would think someone would think about this in a grown up manner, but it has ever been so. For ages, we couldn't get 5 HD on Freeview, now we can.

I blame it all on Mudrock.

Yes... It was always a bit strange...that some channels were free to air on Freeview..but ...behind a pay wall on Satellite / Sky......

I think Sky are now being squeezed a bit ...with the high price of football rights ...So they don't want to subsidise and save money ..to the lesser channels to keep them in the Sky family anymore........

UKTV's Dave and Home channels now free to air on satellite today ! :))) .......Great news for Top Gear fans !!

Back