Changing channels shows snow while changing

No idea what to call this but my box seems to be slow to change channel and often shows "snow"

Also I get the source name display on the tv. It is as though the humax losses signal.

I am using the custom firmware if that makes a difference.

Any ideas what it could be?

Why can't you select "signal detection"? Are you playing something??

Automatic tuning has nothing to do with it.

My thinking is that if the signal is weak / quality poor, the tuners might take longer to "lock on" to the new multiplex or service stream within. We need the signal and quality for all your multiplexes (quality should not be less than 100, strength should not be as much as 100).

The TV is showing the signal source because it thinks it has lost the source.

I don't know then. The only other thing I can think of is that your hard drive could use a clean-up. This will require you to either use the Humax reformat option (ditching your existing recordings) or to install the custom firmware and run the disk check from Telnet (this is a means to link a PC to the Humax and access a maintenance command console).

Sounds to me like you have the remote set to TV and you have changed the channel on the TV rather than the Humax.
The Humax will not show snow as it has no analogue tuners. Your TV however might.

Make sure the TV is set to the correct HDMI input and the Humax is on and report back.

Is the Hummy connected to the TV via HDMI, SCART or both? You can rule out one or the other simply by removing one of the connections at a time and re testing.
Does it happen each time you change channels on the Hummy?

Hi - it is connected via a HDMI. It seems to happen when you change channel from one multiplex to another also happens when watching recorded progs. Do you think this might be a HDD issue?

To be honest I don't know. Never experienced that problem. Can you temporarily connect the Hummy to your TV via a SCART lead with the HDMI disconnected? That could narrow it down a bit.

To be honest I don't know. Never experienced that problem. Can you temporarily connect the Hummy to your TV via a SCART lead with the HDMI disconnected? That could narrow it down a bit.
Thanks for suggestion - will try later when I can get the kids away from the TV.

Hi - I have tested the scart lead set up and the issue does not occur. Knowing this is a HDMi problem i have tried several cables (all in good order) and the same problem occurs.

I am at a loss what to do next. Should I go back to the Humax software or is it a HDD issue? Any suggestion gratefully received as this is getting to be a pain.

Back