Channel Re-order

I'm a Jack Hargraves fan - but we would need access to the Celestial Network for that!

You certainly would - but once you got through Jack would tell you how it worked!!!

Ah yes old Jack. Just like Blue Peter had pets for kids who didn't have their own at home How had Jack, complete with pipe (you wouldn't see that on kids TV these days), in his shed offering Grandad-like nuggets of golden wisdom every episode. Disengage nostalgia mode - back to topic, sorry!

The humax# and sqlite3> bits are the prompts that you will see and you don't need to type them in again. Just type:

Code:
sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 1 where szSvcName like '_BBC One HD';
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 50 where szSvcName like '_BBC One';
.exit
reboot

HELP! I have got telnet working and got as far as the humax# prompt but when I input sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db I get:

humax# sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db
SQLite version 3.7.5
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite>

No matter what I try I can get no further. I know almost nothing about Unix syntax so I am sure I am making a fundimental error

FYI - I went a little further:

sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 1 where szSvcName like '_BBC One HD';
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 50 where szSvcName like '_BBC One';
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 8 where szSvcName like '_BBC HD';
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 3 where szSvcName like '_ITV1 HD';
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 51 where szSvcName like '_ITV1';
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 4 where szSvcName like '_Channel 4 HD';
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 52 where szSvcName like '_Channel 4';
.exit
reboot

Now if only I could get "Favourites" to be the default channel group ...

Instead of putting BBC One SD on 50 I put it on 1001 so that when the regional news is on its just one click of the program key away, just a personal preferance

Now if only I could get "Favourites" to be the default channel group ...

The trick to getting your "Favourites" to be the default is to select with group so that your favorite EPG is displayed then acutally select something from the EPG that changes channel, This is usually enough to make your group favourite come up every time until you select a different group

Having just been advised by Freeview to retune the Humax I have found that all my carefully renumbered channels have been lost along with all my recording scheduals. I guess this is normal but is there any way to backup recordings schedules and channel numbering first

Schedules can indeed be backed up as a feature of the Custom Firmware - which you can find out about on the Wiki and in the pinned topics at the top of this section. Not sure about backing up the channel list though - maybe an idea to add to the to-do list?

Having just been advised by Freeview to retune the Humax I have found that all my carefully renumbered channels have been lost along with all my recording scheduals. I guess this is normal but is there any way to backup recordings schedules and channel numbering first

Yes, if you have the custom firmware and webif package installed then the recording schedule and favourites are automatically backed up each day and can be restored just by clicking a button (go to scheduled events, click on Backup/Restore then choose the backup from which you want to restore). You'll have to renumber the channels by hand though.

Yes, if you have the custom firmware and webif package installed then the recording schedule and favourites are automatically backed up each day and can be restored just by clicking a button (go to scheduled events, click on Backup/Restore then choose the backup from which you want to restore). You'll have to renumber the channels by hand though.
Thats great many thanks

Hi all,

I too have switched to the Hummy from 3view (*) and wanted to reorder the channels - something I always do on any box that lets me (the Toppy was fantastic at this thanks to the modding community) as the LCN order is mental - not only are the channels in general in an odd order, but the +1's are not next to the standard channel. & that's just weird.

So, I tried the sql update (**) and rebooted.
update tbl_svc set uslcn = 1 where uslcn = (select uslcn from tbl_svc where szsvcname like '_BBC One HD' order by uslcn limit 1);
update tbl_svc set uslcn = 1001 where uslcn = (select uslcn from tbl_svc where szsvcname like '_BBC One' order by uslcn limit 1);
--run the following SQL command to get the current LCN for BBC One HD & BBC One
select usLcn, szsvcname from tbl_svc where szsvcname like '_BBC One%';

I found that rebooting via the remote seemed to loose the change, so be sure to do the ".exit" then "reboot" commands in the console window too.

It should be possible to make "stored procedures" As stored procedures don't seem to exist in SQLite, it may be possible to write a script to swap channel LCN's and move them up or down. If I get a chance I'll post something on here - it may be possible for someone to hook them up to the web interface...

Wilf

(*)after I resigned myself to the fact that what's there on the 3view now is as good as that box will ever get, which isn't good enough for me!

(**) note: if you have duplicate channel names as I do thanks to a local repeater transmitter, you may want to avoid getting 2 channels on the same number as I don't know how the box would react, so I made a modification which selects the lowest LCN channel that matches the name and renumber only that one.

If you simply want to re-order the channels e.g. 1, 50, 2, 54, 7, 9, 3 etc. (rather than re number them) a favorites list will achive this for you. It's a very good idea to remove duplicate channel numbers (above 800) because they are known to stop Acurate Recording from working correcty. A manual re-tune will remove duplicates

Thanks I'll take a look at some point; just need to confirm which channel has the best signal for each duplicate.
- I'd prefer the numbers to change so the remote #'s still make sense.

One thing I did notice is that there's a field called usOrgLcn on tbl_svc (which is zero on all channels for me) it would be interesting to see if that's what the fav. system uses to set the order - might be able to back up/restore that from the DB - though there is tbl_fav in the DB, so that's probably what the fav. system uses.

Thanks I'll take a look at some point; just need to confirm which channel has the best signal for each duplicate.
You need to choose a single transmitter if you want accurate recording to work properly. You can't pick and choose multiplexes from different transmitters. A signal strength above 40% should be fine providing quality is 100%.

I have a Favorites setup so I thought I would have a look at /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db >> tbl_svc >> usOrgLcn However all 115 entries are also zeros

You need to choose a single transmitter if you want accurate recording to work properly. You can't pick and choose multiplexes from different transmitters. A signal strength above 40% should be fine providing quality is 100%.
How do I find out which channels are from which transmitter?
What does mixing transmitters actually do to the accurate recording stuff?
(not all channels have been duplicated, so from what you've said, I'll need to find out what transmitter the singletons are on and use that. Then cross my fingers that I don't have singletons on both transmitters!)

Back