Channel Re-order

Cheers for the pointer - I've never been to the forum listing, so would probably have never found that!
(I got here from Google, signed up and posted to this thread)

I'm now running soley from the main transmitter, so no duplicates (there was at least one triplicate as well before this!)
I added a post on the bottom of the Manual scan thread - the network search option seems to mean only one manual scan is needed.

Timely note to anybody dipping in and reading this out of context then: please do read the get-up-to-speed info pinned at the top of the forum listings (and also now in my signature panel - see below this post) for the HDR-FOX, HD-FOX, and HD/HDR-FOX Customised Firmware sections, and the further links contained within (if you ask a basic question we've got bored answering you will only get referred there anyway).

HDR-FOX: NEW READERS START HERE
HD-FOX: NEW READERS START HERE
Custom Firmware: QUICK START GUIDE

Any other Humax box (eg Foxsat), choose your relevant section from the section listing at www.hummy.tv

I don't know my way around he file system, or what scritps can be run, so I stuck to the SQLite3 command line.

The below generates a channel list setup script that will restore the channel order when run from SQLite3.
The idea is it can be used to backup/restore your current channel order & manipulated to change the order.

NOTE: This procedure assumes you have already removed any duplicate channels

Save the following as a text file to /media/getChannels.sql (I used that directory as it's accessible on FTP/samba)
---------------

.mode column --sets the format of the output file
.width 26 4 15 30 5 25 --sets the widths for each column in characters
.output /media/channels.txt --specifies the file to write output to
select 'update tbl_svc set uslcn =' u, usLcn, ' where szsvcname= ''' w, szsvcname, '''; --' e, svcidx from tbl_svc order by usLcn;

--------------

At the SQLite3 command line type the following command to execute the commands in the file you just saved:
.read /media/getChannels.sql

This will output a script to /media/channels.txt containing all of your channels in current LCN order.
Example from my current list:

update tbl_svc set uslcn = 1 where szsvcname= 'BBC One HD' ; -- 4
update tbl_svc set uslcn = 2 where szsvcname= 'BBC TWO' ; -- 7
update tbl_svc set uslcn = 3 where szsvcname= 'ITV1 HD' ; -- 2
update tbl_svc set uslcn = 4 where szsvcname= 'ITV1 +1' ; -- 35

Take a couple of copies of this file to another machine keeping a copy as a backup and a separate one for any editing.
If for example you wanted to switch BBC1 and BBC2 around, you just switch the LCN's over in the file:

update tbl_svc set uslcn = 2 where szsvcname= 'BBC One HD' ; -- 4
update tbl_svc set uslcn = 1 where szsvcname= 'BBC TWO' ; -- 7
update tbl_svc set uslcn = 3 where szsvcname= 'ITV1 HD' ; -- 2
update tbl_svc set uslcn = 4 where szsvcname= 'ITV1 +1' ; -- 35
Then copy the altered file back into /media/ and jump back onto the SQLite3 console and type the following command to import the new channel order, then the exit and reboot commands:
.read /media/channels.txt
.exit
reboot

When the box comes back, your channel order should be just how you want it.
Usual disclaimers apply, but I've not had any problems & the backup copy should let you revert to the original list if needed.

You should be safe enough doing this as all of the other tables use the internal service ID to reference channels and not the LCN - that makes sense since the channels could have been put in the 800 range.

Before running the new channel commands (.read command) I would stop the Humax software just to be on the safe side - that's /etc/init.d/S90settop shut. If you're watching TV at the time then the picture will stop but the sound will keep going.

If enough people are interested I could add channel re-numbering to the web interface and allow it to be backed up and restored along with favourites etc. So far I haven't seen a lot of interest, I think most people just delete the channels they don't want or use favourites if they want to change the order but maybe the channel renumberers are just a quiet bunch : )

Amen to that, I've re-ordered and renumbered the HD channels to swap them with their SD couterparts on my TV, but so far only re-ordered on the Humax. Being able to see the back of the 50,2,51,52,5,6,7... sequence that I've curretly got would be fantastic!!

I've started to think about this and it will appear in an upcoming release.
Sounds great!

Would it also be possible to have a delete button?
Here in Sweden the channels are subscription based, s0 when I do a scan I get a ton of channels I can't watch, would be great if I could delete them all via the web interfaces, instead of one by one using the HDRs user interface.

thank you in advance

Here in Sweden the channels are subscription based, s0 when I do a scan I get a ton of channels I can't watch

You can select the channels you want and the order in which they appear, with a Favourites list. This will not change the channel number though

Have just noticed using the EPG on the RS portal that my BBC HD channel does not appear in the EPG having renumbered it to LCN 8, though BBC1 HD, ITV HD and Channel 4 HD are there correctly, renumbered on LCN 1,3,4 respectively. Could this be because LCN 8 is not normally a valid Freeview channel? Everything is fine using the webif EPG.

Sounds great!

Here in Sweden the channels are subscription based, s0 when I do a scan I get a ton of channels I can't watch, would be great if I could delete them all via the web interfaces, instead of one by one using the HDRs user interface.

thank you in advance

Hi Frollic, you can select more than one channel to delete in the HDR's interface by pressing the red button "Select" and when you have finished seleceting all the channels you want to delete, press "Delete" and they will be deleted in one go, i found out by playing, and i worked as I also delete all the channels we can't get.

Hi Frollic, you can select more than one channel to delete in the HDR's interface by pressing the red button "Select" and when you have finished seleceting all the channels you want to delete, press "Delete" and they will be deleted in one go, i found out by playing, and i worked as I also delete all the channels we can't get.
Yeah, I noticed that as well ;)

Back