Channel update required 25th August 2015.

There are no BBC FOUR HD services on any of the transmitters in Wales, with the exception of Wenvoe, or at least that was the situation last time I looked. Wenvoe does have a few extra MUX's.
Regardless of the ins and outs, that was not my point. I mistakenly thought the Made In Bristol service was on the same mux as BBC FOUR HD from Mendip, and I know the BBC FOUR HD mux is low power thinking that accounted for the 10% signal on Made In Bristol.

I did a retune and was surprised to find I could get 100% quality with 10% signal on Made In Bristol, but 10% quality with 22% signal on the Wales muxes. However, even though I now have Made In Bristol in my constellation, I still have no sign of BBC FOUR HD (which should be on the same mux).
Tsk. According to time of day (the signal seems to be stronger in the morning), my HDMI is blotting out Wales and the HiDef West mux - alleviated to a large extent by switching to 1080i rather than 1080p (and eliminated entirely at 576i - but who wants to go there??). I still can't rationalise the MiB figures though.

Back