[channeldel] Automatically delete unwanted channels (Note: now superseded by tunefix)

It should do radio although I haven't tried deleting any radio channels myself.

It should do radio although I haven't tried deleting any radio channels myself.

Yeah, deleted all the pop radio channels.

This is now one of my favourite extensions! Next time I re-tune I will not need to get rid of all the carp again!

The BT Sport channels seem to be instated already.

I seem to have a problem that has only become apparent since I installed/ran channeldel.

I don't use favourites or groups, however, now, when I press guide I get a listing for HD channels only (as I am viewing HD at he time). I have to select the TV group to display the whole TV range (SD & HD).

Uninstalling channeldel does not correct the problem.

This behaviour survives a standby and also a complete channel rescan.

Any thoughts as to how I can sort it as it is quite inconvenient?

Thanks.

I seem to have a problem that has only become apparent since I installed/ran channeldel.

I don't use favourites or groups, however, now, when I press guide I get a listing for HD channels only (as I am viewing HD at he time). I have to select the TV group to display the whole TV range (SD & HD).

Uninstalling channeldel does not correct the problem.

This behaviour survives a standby and also a complete channel rescan.

Any thoughts as to how I can sort it as it is quite inconvenient?

Thanks.

So this survives changing the default group in List view?

Yes. The guide seems to default to HDTV. If I manually select TV from the groups list, it does indeed display all TV channels SD & HD. However, if I exit the guide and return to watching TV, the next press of the guide button simply displays HDTV again. I have tried to create a Favorite list containing all TV channels, but the guide still defaults to displaying only HDTV.

I have tried deleting the 'channels to be deleted' in the channeldel config page so basically no channels are listed for deletion. Done a reboot. Uninstalled channeldel, rebooted again. Started a full channel scan and immediately cancelled it to delete all previously stored channels. Then completed a full channel scan again. And still when I press he guide button, all I get is HDTV. Really, really annoying.

I assume it is channeldel related as I use the guide all the time and only noticed is problem since I installed it.

But, as ever, I stand by to be corrected! I just want my old guide functionality back.

Don't you have to go direct into List and change the group for it to stick? Sorry, watching another box so can't check.

PS There is always the system reset!

Tried that too..doesn't stick.

I have had enough. I'm going back to standard FW and reinstalling CF.

But will try a reset first. Thanks or the pointer.

Tried that too..doesn't stick.

I have had enough. I'm going back to standard FW and reinstalling CF.

But will try a reset first. Thanks or the pointer.

Well, it will help the rest of us if you crack this bug, Wallace!

It still persists, even after a factory reset.

Can I be doing something stupid? But I can't get TV to stick in the guide, always defaults to HDTV.

Unless there are any other suggestions, I will revert to standard FW and try, then reinstall CF.

It's just got my goat. Thrown the towel in and RMA'd the box. Just blowing in the official FW as I write this.

Will install CF tomorrow.

I have been p!ssing about all night with it and its really got me in a spin. Yes I suppose I should wait for af to comment, but impatience is a virtue. Not.

Lets hope that this does it.

Well, I can confirm that after I RMA'd the box and installed the standard FW, the guide now works as it should and survives a power cycle.

I'm not sorry I have reverted (temporarily) in one respect. I can at least install the CF packages in a more 'controlled' way now I know which I use etc.

Guess which package I won't be re installing? Ha.

When you selected TV mode did you then select a channel whilst in that mode. If not it will revert to the previously selected mode when re-entering the guide. Standard behaviour, nothing to do with CF.

I think xyz321's post would have fixed your problem, i.e. Guide >> Group (Blue) >> TV >> Up / Down to select a different TV channel >> O.K. to accept channel change usually 'fixes' the selection of a new group. This is not related to channeldel

OK. I admit that, in the Guide, I did not select a non HD channel. I just changed the group. I did, however, select a non HD channel when displaying the program list, but this obviously wasn't good enough to make the TV group stick.

As I said, I was prepared to be told I was wrong. And it appears that I was!

Of all the things I did try, it was the one thing I didn't that would probably solved the issue.

So, if I caused confusion to anyone, I apologise.

I am not sorry that I set the box to RMA though. I want to start afresh with the CF on this box. A little like a complete format and re installation of Windows on a PC. Gets ride of any 'left overs' etc.

And it satisfies my OCD!

Thanks for everyone's advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not tried yet. Box is vanilla at the mo. I will try later before I install CF.

Just busy now, chores......

Confirmed. I can select a group and it will now stick - if I follow xyz123's directions. That's on a vanilla box but I'm sure it will be OK with CF now.

No idea how the original guide/list had got altered. It was an unintentional occurrence. I blame SWMBO!

Never a day goes by without learning something new, the trick is remembering it.

Remember 2+2=4, not 5!

Back