Cheap media streamer - any suggestions?

Dan

Afternoon, I hope someone can help me.

Im looking for a cheap media streamer that will allow me to watch media from the HDR in another room. It must have wifi (I wont be watching HD) and I am indifferent as to whether it uses DLNA or connects directly to the SAMBA share that the modified firmware provides. I would welcome any suggestions. It must of course be capable of playing TS files.

Thanks.

this could be the winner

Sony SMP-N100 Internet TV & DLNA USB Media player / Network Media Player with WIFI

SMPN100B

seems to do all i want,

As I have mentioned before I bought a DigitalStream DPS1000 with the intention of it being a streaming client, and it does find the Humax and attempt to play the (StDef) content, but it's not perfect.

For ensured compatibility I would be inclined to buy another Humax - eg the HD-FOX T2.

+1 for the hannspree.
Steams SD .ts files no probs using skifta and vplayer apps. HDMI out is ok but dont expect HD quality pictures. It looks a bit ropey on my 40in tv but fine on the 19in in the bedroom.

Hi Dan,
I would suggest a Playstation3 Console, purely and simply because the Playstation is capable of wirelessly connecting to your computer and streaming your media or downloading it straight to the built in hardrive, The Playstation3 also has a BluRay player that constantly updates for the highest quality and is capable streaming music, videos and music online it can do everything you need from a home media system and more! play the Greatest games ever and enjoy it all in full HD, I Hope this information is of some use to you :)

I've been looking at Apple TV small box, can be jailbroken and XBMC installed should allow full internet access on your tv and streaming to and from your hummy, I've not tried it yet Costs about £80

So if i was to ask were's the cheapest place to buy a hummy, you wouldn't tell me and more importantly block anyone from telling me. If I was advertising my company that would be something else. People are asking for advice and are being pointed towards good deals, what's wrong with that ?

So if i was to ask were's the cheapest place to buy a hummy, you wouldn't tell me and more importantly block anyone from telling me. If I was advertising my company that would be something else. People are asking for advice and are being pointed towards good deals, what's wrong with that ?

I think Ezra noticed the similarity between the posters username and the website url - exactly to your point about if you were advertising your company - in this case it looks like that is what was happening.

Pretty clearly a forum spammer. Just noticed there are no button shortcuts on this forum to report abuses.

Anyway, I don't think a Playstation 3 console qualifies as a "cheap media streamer".

This Guy is advertising his Company ! ! ! wmasters has listed [weblink removed]

Just noticed there are no button shortcuts on this forum to report abuses.

? Bottom line under the post, under any signature, towards the left... "Report".

Click it to complain about me being a smart-arse.

I agree - a PS3 definitely isn't cheap!

Just to clarify, you don't need an iPad to use rasperry pie. There is an app available to allow an ipad to work with it, from what i can gather a rasberry pie with xbmc installed should talk directly to your Hummy. Can't wait to get hold of one to have a try

I suggest the latest version of the WD TV Live streaming media player as it is available for about £85 and plays almost any file you can think of! Has Wi-Fi built in and a good UI. Also has Apps to allow control and is fully DLNA/UPnP compatible.

Back