Connecting Foxsat HDR to Mac?

WatlingA5

While delighted with our Foxsat HDR's abilities, we find the handbook rather lacking in information on connectibility. We can find a bare-outline reference to using a USB stick but little else.

Can we connect it to the Mac with a USB cable, as we do with the Topfield 5800, to download programmes (using Altair via MPEG Streamclip) or is there something similar?

Thanks in advance
Neil

Raydons firmware bundle would be the way to go. One thing to be aware of, Apple has changed the Samba configuration on Lion and it is causing a lot of problems for people trying to use Samba. Samba is probably the easiest way to use Raydons firmware. There was hopes Apple would fix the issue in a Lion update but I think its still not resolved, so you may not be able to use Raydon's firmware so easily with Lion. I'm using Snow Leopard and it's Samba configuration works great with the firmware.

If you cant use Samba there is also FTP.

Here is some more on the Lion issue

A belated thanks, both. I've had a look at that Get Go's link and as a not-very-techie bloke I'm going to have spend a bit of time Googling some of the references :)

At present, however, domestic matters have interfered so won't be able to get to it for a while.

When we do, hopefully our experiences using MyStuff on the Toppy will help us get to grips with it. As an aside, does anyone know if making such changes will affect the warranty?

FYI - using Snow Leopard with a MacBook Pro which also has Windows XP Pro via Boot Camp.

Thanks again for the advice and info :cool:

A belated thanks, both. I've had a look at that Get Go's link and as a not-very-techie bloke I'm going to have spend a bit of time Googling some of the references :)
:cool:

It sounds a lot more difficult than it actually is. Seeing as your on Snow Leopard you are sorted. Trying to work around the Lion issue would have been the tricky part.

Re warranty: I'm sure Humax wouldn't 'approve' per se, but AKAIK its just a matter of deleting a folder, and reinstalling the regular firmware to get you back to factory condition, and Humax won't be the wiser.

There was a Dummies guide for the ver 3. Its worth a look [even though its quite outdated].
And I know its a bit daunting, but even to just read through the 'main' thread for the Firmware post by post you can pick up a lot. Also the Read Me included with Raydon's firmware has a lot info.

Radyons firmware is really, really worth it. I can't recommend it enough.

Back