Connecting T2 and Aura to second TV.

I have a T2 connected to my lounge tv via HDMI and a kitchen tv connected via the T2's RCA connections, so my wife can watch what's being played etc on the tv in the kitchen.
As the T2 is getting a bit long in the tooth with a few crashes etc I was thinking on getting the Aura box too. As we have a lot of recording still to watch and ones we want to keep on the T2, what is the best way to connect the Aura to my kitchen tv as well so we can record on the Aura and still watch the Aura or T2 in the kitchen as well as the lounge? Bearing in mind that I cannot run any other cables to kitchen tv.
Any help would be appreciated.

I have a T2 connected to my lounge tv via HDMI and a kitchen tv connected via the T2's RCA connections, so my wife can watch what's being played etc on the tv in the kitchen.
As the T2 is getting a bit long in the tooth with a few crashes etc I was thinking on getting the Aura box too. As we have a lot of recording still to watch and ones we want to keep on the T2, what is the best way to connect the Aura to my kitchen tv as well so we can record on the Aura and still watch the Aura or T2 in the kitchen as well as the lounge? Bearing in mind that I cannot run any other cables to kitchen tv.
Any help would be appreciated.

I have a T2
I appreciate you might call it a "T2" in your household, but that is actually very ambiguous, and you've posted in the HD-FOX T2 section of the forum as opposed to the HDR-FOX T2 section... but by what you say I deduce you are actually talking about a HDR-FOX T2?

Yes, sorry, didn't know there was a HD and a HDR, I thought I was in the HDR section.

Admin Edit: Thread moved to HDR-Fox T2 forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to me what you actually need is a streaming client for the kitchen, so you can play content from either the HDR-FOX or the Aura over your home network (not that I know anything about the Aura)... or is that TV so old it doesn't have an HDMI input?

This would be pretty easy from the HDR-FOX (as a server), so long as you don't generally record in HiDef), I should think even a Firestick could act as a client.

Somebody else will have to advise on the Aura.

Isn't this thread more relevant to the Aura section? You may find there are some answers there already.

PS: "T2" simply refers to the broadcast standard these units are able to receive, so that term is all over the place (DVB-T2 as opposed to DVB-T).

RCA connections

I cannot run any other cables to kitchen tv

As this is (if I've read the rest right) part temporary and part occasional future use I'd say your simplest and perhaps cheapest (but not necessarily cheap) solution is: For the Aura get an HDMI splitter, to feed both TVs, and an HDMI to RCA converter for the Aura feed to the kitchen TV. Then run the RCA from that and the FOX through a switch (to choose the source) into the existing cables.

There are probably WiFi solutions too, but they are likely to be almost unlimited in variations, scope and cost.

As this is (if I've read the rest right) part temporary and part occasional future use I'd say your simplest and perhaps cheapest (but not necessarily cheap) solution is: For the Aura get an HDMI splitter, to feed both TVs, and an HDMI to RCA converter for the Aura feed to the kitchen TV. Then run the RCA from that and the FOX through a switch (to choose the source) into the existing cables.

There are probably WiFi solutions too, but they are likely to be almost unlimited in variations, scope and cost.
It's for everyday use for the aura recordings and occasional for the HDR fox. What you say was my thinking, I was just wondering if there was a easier solution.

I am sorry, no I never noticed it was a link. I thought it was someone asking a question
I appreciate you might call it a "T2" in your household, but that is actually very ambiguous, and you've posted in the HD-FOX T2 section of the forum as opposed to the HDR-FOX T2 section... but by what you say I deduce you are actually talking about a HDR-FOX T2?
It says at top -

Did you bother to read the link I posted?
I just have. I had actually did a live chat to a guy on the Hummy website about 2 weeks ago when I saw the Aura and he said that the built in Chromecast only works to receive a signal not transmit, so you can send a movie etc from a phone/tablet to your main TV.

I just have. I had actually did a live chat to a guy on the Hummy website about 2 weeks ago when I saw the Aura and he said that the built in Chromecast only works to receive a signal not transmit, so you can send a movie etc from a phone/tablet to your main TV.
The link states that he has a Chromecast connected to his bedroom TV (about £30 to buy).

The link states that he has a Chromecast connected to his bedroom TV (about £30 to buy).
I've not followed those links but can Chromecast do multiple things?
AIUI the OP's requirement is to stream a box playback to both the main and remote TVs at the same time, so (eg) someone can leave the main room and continue watching/listening in the kitchen while doing some chore.

I've not followed those links but can Chromecast do multiple things?
AIUI the OP's requirement is to stream a box playback to both the main and remote TVs at the same time, so (eg) someone can leave the main room and continue watching/listening in the kitchen while doing some chore.
I don't need to cast to both TVs just the kitchen one as the lounge one will be connected to both boxes. The rest of your reply is correct, that is exactly what we want.

Your post 9 seemed out of context in the flow of the conversation:
I am sorry, no I never noticed it was a link. I thought it was someone asking a question
It says at top -
...but now I realise you were replying to two posts – that was unclear by the lack of separation or even a full stop.

With regard to the section of your reply addressed to me, did you not notice this?:
Admin Edit: Thread moved to HDR-Fox T2 forum.
Had you looked before the move, you would have seen:

I don't need to cast to both TVs just the kitchen one as the lounge one will be connected to both boxes.
Ok, so this could be one of the WiFi solutions, but from what is said earlier the Aura can't send Chromecast, only receive. (Edit. Just looked in the Aura manual and it only mentions receiving.) So you'd need some sort of external device (HDMI to CC?, and a switch or splitter) and a CC dongle for the kitchen, which is probably getting as complex and pricey as the hardwired solution I suggested.
(In which case I'd go for the wires ... I'm old fashioned)

it's still going to need a WiFi link
It the TV has smart capability, that should be easy (USB dongle, if not already built in). If it doesn't, then adding something like a Roku or a Firestick (presuming the TV has a HDMI socket, and optionally a USB socket for power), will provide it with a DLNA client able to access HDR-FOX and any other household device with a DLNA server, without having to provide wires to each one.

If the TV doesn't even have a HDMI port, then a HD-FOX + WiFi dongle (of the right type) provides a good solution.

This is contingent on the Aura having DLNA server capability, and IIRC it does (but downscales to StDef in the process). Not that I've ever tested using a HD-FOX as a client to an Aura, but surely somebody here has?

Back