• The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

Connecting to Serviio DLNA server

fenlander

Having given up on Windows Media Player, I'm trying Serviio DLNA server on my Sony media PC to serve files to my Hummy HDR-FOX T2.

Serviio seems to work well with .avi files but h264 (.mkv .mp4) encoded files do not appear in the library. In order to transcode files, Serviio needs a specific Renderer Profile to be set, rather than the generic DLNA profile: however, no profile for Humax boxes is available for selection.

If anyone has any experience with this combination (Serviio+HDR-FOX), I'd be glad of any helpful hints and tips.

FTP the .mkv and .mp4 files onto the HDR Fox T2 internal hard disc and they will play fine, I've been playing H.264/DD5.1 files. I've given up on the DLNA streaming, so few file types work properly.

OP
OP
fenlander

fenlander

That's right. Even files that play fine when transferred to the HDR-FOX don't play via DLNA. Also, widescreen movies are horizontally compressed via DLNA. I've been doing as you suggest but was hoping for a more elegant way to integrate the bits and pieces of my system.