Connecting to Serviio DLNA server

fenlander

Having given up on Windows Media Player, I'm trying Serviio DLNA server on my Sony media PC to serve files to my Hummy HDR-FOX T2.

Serviio seems to work well with .avi files but h264 (.mkv .mp4) encoded files do not appear in the library. In order to transcode files, Serviio needs a specific Renderer Profile to be set, rather than the generic DLNA profile: however, no profile for Humax boxes is available for selection.

If anyone has any experience with this combination (Serviio+HDR-FOX), I'd be glad of any helpful hints and tips.

FTP the .mkv and .mp4 files onto the HDR Fox T2 internal hard disc and they will play fine, I've been playing H.264/DD5.1 files. I've given up on the DLNA streaming, so few file types work properly.

That's right. Even files that play fine when transferred to the HDR-FOX don't play via DLNA. Also, widescreen movies are horizontally compressed via DLNA. I've been doing as you suggest but was hoping for a more elegant way to integrate the bits and pieces of my system.

Back