Connecting wirelessly

Thanks, Ezra. I've always had gripes with Humax, both the 9200 and this one, but "strength" is not one of them. I might have worried that too many add-ons might clutter it though.

It's amazing that amateurs have given their skills and time to make it so amenable and functional, which backs up my view that it's the attitude of the PVR-producers that's at fault. (That's leaving aside the legal manacles.)

It depends how much the market would be prepared to pay for a unit in the first place. Imagine how expensive an HDR-FOX would be if we had to pay for all this development in the shelf price - few of us would have bought it!

I fondly imagined that the software-writers have the means at their fingertips if only the producers would make user-friendliness a priority. That doesn't just apply to Humax.

Am waiting for my Edimax 7711-UAn to arrive (to replace the borrowed UMn), somewhat nervously ;) I'll let you know how setup goes, I intend to put it in the back slot.

UAn just arrived, Hummy powered off, UMn removed from front, UAn inserted in back with mini aerial sticking up :) Wifi was not disturbed in the slightest, except the IP address has changed yet again, so...

Go back into Settings and Configure IP to Manual and Apply.

Done that. If any problems crop up on the network I shall explore other options kindly offered.

Am sure all the screensavers must be demo'd somewhere, I hope there are kittens or flowers or birds but am bracing myself for disappointment ;)

I fondly imagined that the software-writers have the means at their fingertips if only the producers would make user-friendliness a priority.

Just imagine how annoyed the coders were when Humax management instructed them to remove the 'RedRing' feature that they had coded into early HDR versions. We only got it back (and a lot more) due to af123's CF package

Ezra, I can imagine how annoyed they were :mad:

Thanks for the pointer, af123, it is as I thought :( Maybe one day :rolleyes: (that's a "pigs might fly" smiley).

The screensaver discussion is HERE (click). All we are able to do is replace the image files that make up the clock display, nothing else, so any other non-numeric screensaver would end up in a similar mould to the avatar set.

I have moved the screensaver discussions to the thread mentioned by Black Hole.

Back