Connecting wirelessly

Don't know what's happened there, I posted the screenshots as full images and now I don't have permission to view them as attachments.

I've changed the images in that post to links to Photobucket and it works :)

I am a raptor fan and monitor breeding birds, especially ospreys, online virtually 24/7.

I've had a quick check around the Web and the default configuaration page for the HG532 appears to be 192.168.1.1 not 192.168.0.1. "1" is not by any means universal, my router control panel is at 254.

Now that suprises me. Well spotted and thanks for pointing it out BH

my router control panel is at 254.

The total at the bottom of my Advance IP Scanner screenshot adds up to 254 - is that significant or just a coincidence? An intruder looking over my shoulder said that the total must be wrong, it should be 256 as it must be a multiple of something-or-other or a certain type of number - are they talking billox?

I got a fright when I saw all those "unknowns".

The 254 is just the whole of Class 'C' IP address e.g. 001 to 254. 8 bits = 256 BUT 000 and 255 are not useable

Hi fellas, here I am again :p

I've been trying to connect every week or so, and failing. Today I cadged an Edimax EW-7711UMn USB adapter, plugged it into the front, nipped thru the setup (well, I can't ever "nip thru" entering the password but... ), and here I am like a piggy in poo listening to Jazz Radio Big Band & Swing :) There must have been something wrong with that Play.com dongle, grrr!

Only trouble is, I've totally forgotten where I put those custom firmware packages and what to do next, and my head isn't in a fit state to start looking thru the forum again.

Hummy isn't showing in my network, either.

Yikes!!! Just changed to WNBP AM 1450 - The Legends, and here's Buddy Holly "That'll Be The Day".

As usual, I hit an impasse almost before I start:

To determine the IP address of your Humax, use the TV On-screen menus to navigate to MENU >> SETTINGS >> SYSTEM >> SYSTEM INFORMATION >> ...to finish...

I've got no IP address there, just:

Model Name
Software Version
Loader Version
System ID
Update Date
MICOM Version
Mac Address

I needed merely to tell NoScript to allow the new IP address!

Disable OTA being the No1 priority, that's done. To test if installations are working I've also installed redring and set it to Clock = success!

I shall have a read around here and learn which packages are must-haves (besides decryption). Thank you all :)

"Issues" which I would be grateful for guidance on.

Big panic when I couldn't load Hummy's IP address to install some packages - it turned out that it had changed yet again. Is there a way to make it "static"?

BH, I don't have Daily reminder from your bomb-proof list in my packages :confused: I've downloaded the full package list, still not there.

CLOCK - it doesn't show up in standby, can't see a setting to change that - is it possible to have the clock on show all the time?

Have just experienced that DISABLE OTA works like a charm - YAY!

Thanks again, all :)

Back