copy fails using samba share from PC to HDR T2

That is a difficult one, It's all down to how much inconvenience you are prepared to go through, as it is new it should function fully, so I wouldn't be pleased if you can't do a format and would ask for a replacement. It's worth noting that if you have backed up the recordings by just FTPing them from the Humax that they will still be encrypted and won't play on a replacement Humax. You need to decrypt them on the original Humax before copying them off the unit, Hi-Def will need auto-unprotect and all files will need downloading via the Web-If Notes HERE, also if you want to remove the Custom Firmware before returning the unit I suggest a level 1 in the notes HERE

thanks Ezra, I thought that recordings were decripted when ftp'd as long as they were std format. I have only transfered one hd file and that was with custom firmware installed.
Mike

It's safe to FTP any files that have the green DEC symbol (after OPT+ Decrypt) otherwise you need OPT+ download and both needs the DLNA symbol. To be on the safe side it's best to try and play the backed up files (a few seconds is enough) on a P.C. using VLC or Splash-Lite

My concern now is that the disk may be degrading and I could end up with corrupt recordings over time and a loss of usable space if fix-disk is deallocating these inodes.
If the inodes are being deallocated then they will be available for use by new files (although you are very unlikely to be running out of inodes). It is a bit concerning that this is happening with a brand new disk. It might be worth installing smartmontools to look at the state of the disk.
Code:
smartctl -a /dev/sda

If the inodes are being deallocated then they will be available for use by new files (although you are very unlikely to be running out of inodes). It is a bit concerning that this is happening with a brand new disk. It might be worth installing smartmontools to look at the state of the disk.
Code:
smartctl -a /dev/sda

I think he will already have smartmontools installed as the Web-If is dependant on it for 'System Monitoring'
EDIT
Sorry, I take that back, I though Sysmon was an 'always there' feature of the Web-If as it is on my setup

Thanks again Guys for your much appreciated help. I now understand what you mean Ezra the DEC tag is on the web interface (i was looking at the file on the TV screen). I loaded the Sysmon and ran it through Telnet and have attached the file, I hope you can confirm all is well for me xyz321.

Attachments

• smartmontools.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 6
That disk looks fine to me. It's a young one : )
It is very strange that it arrived with filesystem corruption but if you've successfully run fix-disk on it then I wouldn't worry unless it happens again. Odd that the Humax won't format it now though.

Back