Copying a file from browser

peterpi

I've had a quick look around the forum, but no solution so far.

How do I copy a file from the T2 from the list on the browser?

See screen shot below.Hummy Grab.jpg

If I click on the "OPT+" it wants to copy all the files. I've tried putting a tic in the box next to the folder, but still not doing what I want. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in anticipation.

Pete

If you click on the text of a folder, say 'Call the Midwife', you will then be presented with all the files in that folder, is is now possible to tick a box next to an individual recording and then copy (or Cut) the file into the clipboard area that is displayed at all times, so if you navigate to a different directory you will be able to paste the selected file into the new directory. The copy/cut/paste option will only allow movement of files within the Hard disk drive file system so if you want to copy the file from the T2 to say a P.C. you cant use this option, you would use 'download' instead. There are notes on the Web-If options on the WiKi HERE

Thanks for your help, once again.:)

I normally use an ext2 USB drive to copy what I want, but I thought I might be able to FTP files. What I have just done is use the Web IF to decrypt. I then opened "My Computer" and entered FTP://192..... etc to access my stuff. I then copied and pasted to my desktop, and success, it plays using VLC player.

I don't know if there are any other ways of doing this, but the above works for me.

Ta
Pete

There's nothing wrong with the OPT+ download option. You only get the .ts downloaded, and if necessary it will be decrypted in the process. The copy and cut options are only for moving files around within the Humax file system (including any USB drives).

There's nothing wrong with the OPT+ download option. ................

I looked but I did not see. I have now followed your instructions and selected the download option, and that's exactly what it does. It really is intuitive, but my intuition must have gone walk about today.

Thanks
Pete

There are examples of all the file and folder Web-If OPT+ options HERE, note that the 'greyed out' entries indicate that the option is not allowed at that time e.g. crop is not allowed because the file has no bookmarks in it

There are examples of all the file and folder Web-If OPT+ options HERE, note that the 'grayed out' entries indicate that the option is not allowed at that time e.g. crop is not allowed because the file has no bookmarks in it

I just had a look at your link, and I notice that the "Extract to MPG" option is available on a HD file. I thought reading the Wiki that HD files could not be changed to MPG. I also see the "Enc" flag on the file, I don't see it on the Web-If. Although it appears on the Media screen when I'm recording. Should I be able to convert unencrypted HD files to MPG?

Pete

I just had a look at your link, and I notice that the "Extract to MPG" option is available on a HD file. I thought reading the Wiki that HD files could not be changed to MPG.
You are quite correct, Extract to MPG never worked on Hi-Def files but it wasn't greyed out in earlier versions of the Web-If (when the screen dump was taken), I have updated the WiKi image to show 'Extract to MPG' as greyed out - Thanks

Back