Copying files to USB ?

I'm still failing here ...
Enabled content sharing ... Auto Decrypt installed (all ENC flag removed)
I followed the link in 'point 5' of Things Every HD/HDR-FOX Owner Should Know.
to http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/using-fox-t2-recordings-with-plex-media-server.2003/#post-25775

and as far as I can tell am following what is needed in method #4

i.e. Auto Decrypt installed , no flags showing
From my PC browser pressing OPT+ button and then selecting download ..
No USB involved - this is direct download to PC

Files download as ts files .... but so far not one of them will play.
Am I missing a step ?
Do you mean "Auto Decrypt" or auto-unprotect? Auto Decrypt is not an installation, it is a property to be assigned to a folder or series of folders in the WebIF media browser.

Using Method 4, the only requirements are that the Enc flag has been removed by auto-unprotect (not necessary for StDef recordings), the DLNA server is turned on, and the recording has been indexed (indicated by the DLNA icon).

What you end up with is a download of a .ts file, it will only play if the media player supports the TS format.

I installed the app (about 5 Hrs ago) .. it then removed all the ENC flags .... but nothing else.

I have now at top level for the 'my video' folder used opt+ and selected recursive.
Seems to be working through the files.

Just tried on one of the files manually using opt+ and selecting decrypt padlock icon .. and it did then decrypt that file, set the DEC icon.
I downloaded it and it does play ... so success .. seems the parts of the puzzle are there.

Is there a description of the GUI icons .. see lots of icons but not sure what some of them are .,. not all have a description when you put cursor over them.
i.e some have an icon of a brown circle with lettre G in it .. others it's Blue with letter G .. some don't have the icon at all
When I first installed GUI it did show description of icons but don't know how to get back to that.

OK .. I have mixed up terms ... I installed 'auto unprotect', and enabled content share.
Files do show as DLNA indexed

It removed the ENC icon from all the HD files - but did not it seems decrypt them.
I went to top level folder 'my video' pressed opt+ and selected recursive auto decrypt ... that folder shows an open padlock with a curved arrow ... showing recursive is set.

I went to one of the individual files and using opt+ slected decrypt, once complete I download it arrived a .ts file and played happily using VLC video player on PC.

It looks like HDR is now decrypting the HD files .......... I'll check again in the morning, looks like a long job.

auto-unprotect does not decrypt. What it does is remove the protection from HiDef recordings which prevents them from being decrypted. The guide to decryption is explicit about this.

Yes, if you set the unit decrypting everything it will take a long time to catch up.

Icons: http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Icons

Thanks for your help ... this is not easy to get sorted, but appears there are some clever guys here ... appreciate the help.

Noticed today .. aprox 18 Hrs after selecting decrypt recursive (still decrypting) ............ 2 things of note ...

# On the TV screen it shows all free space used up ... just a couple of GB left was around 15oGB free, on the webif it shows it as still there, so assume its being used in background.

# response time of TV interface very degraded ... press button for EPG .. get 'processing' message on screen and it will be a minute or more before you get EPG .... is this to be expected while it is still decrypting ? ... and performance will recover once complete

IIRC after decrypting, it moves the original file to the 'bin' (if you have it installed). That can effectively double the disk usage as both files exist on the HDD. If you are happy that decryption has completed satisfactorily, you can delete from the bin if you wish and recover the space.

response time of TV interface very degraded ... press button for EPG .. get 'processing' message on screen and it will be a minute or more before you get EPG .... is this to be expected while it is still decrypting ? ... and performance will recover once complete
Yes, and yes.

If you want to get a feel for how far through it is then you can run the encsummary diagnostic from the web interface diagnostics screen. That will show how many are still to be processed.

The whole point of me starting on this route was to be able to move a couple of large HD files off the HDR onto my PC..... partially successful .... both shown marked as decrypted ...
Downloaded first one and it plays on PC fine.
However when I download the 2nd it downloads OK ... but does not play .. nothing happens other than player window opens.
Does this mean it did not decrypt correctly ?

On the HDR the file still plays fine ... so it's not corrupt at that side of things.
There is also within the folder for these 2 files - a new sub folder "Originals" within which I assume are the 2 original encrypted files ?
Should I try again using these ?

You seem to be finding this difficult for some reason.

If a decrypted recording plays properly on the unit, it can only be the download that is faulty (or the player).

How can I get around this ?

Decrypted item plays fine on HDR .. just went& watched again to make sure.
In webif I use opt+ and then download ... file downloads .. shows as right size ... but does not play ... downloaded 3 times now.
Not my player or PC a s the first file plays happily both audio & video.

Can I undo the decrypt and then decrypt in case it did something wrong ... here is pic of it under webif:
It appears that the 2 original file in that folder are also now in the sub-folder you can see entitled _original

If nobody has any suggestions how to fix this, should I restore the originals ?

As already said the issue is most likely down to your media player software.

Install the free video/audio software that gives detailed information about the downloaded file you have.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Open the file, choose treeview which gives the complete data about the file. Export this to a text file and post the result.

If the software can open the file it's not encrypted.

I don't think it is player related ... the one that works will play by VLC (which is about the best player there is) it also playa under Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic

The ones that won't play (same file 3 downloads) won't play in any of those players

I'll have to donwload the file again to get Mediainfo details as deleted the ones that fail to play ... I'll post the details once I have them

OK downloaded again .... there is a difference in the Mediainfo .... not sure if relevant .... both Media info files attached.
The difference I can see is that on file that plays it shows :
Scan type : Progressive
Scan order : Top Field First

on the one that does not play it has no entry for scan order

Now 2 other anomalies ... as mentioned the one that won't play on PC does play fine on HDR
This latest 4th download does not play on VLC, does not play on Windows Media Player but will play on Media Player Classic.
Whereas earlier downloads would not play at all.

Only change I know I made was delete a load of files form trash as HD on webif showing only 3GB free ... now ~200GB free

I have 2 working copies of the files so it is something - but be good to know why they download with different formats.

Attachments

• File that plays.txt
    32.2 KB · Views: 6
  • File that does not play.txt
    51.3 KB · Views: 8
(Posted before I saw the previous...)

Log in with Telnet and post the output of the hmt command for the recording in question.

Broadly speaking, if the Dec flag is incorrect then the recording won't play (on the Humax or if transferred elsewhere), but the WebIF is intelligent enough to detect when the flags are wrong. It is not impossible that the media player is throwing a wobbly at some element of the file. Splash Lite is quite good at handling HiDef.

I take it these recordings are too large to conveniently transfer by USB? As an alternative to the download option, you could try FTP to transfer them.

I'll carry out that telnet cmd tomorrow.
Have to find a Telnet programme for my W7 PC. Not used telnet in about 15 years :)

I can't transfer to USB ... both >15GB
This whole scenario started to try and copy to USB ...
Only started to copy direct to PC after advice given in the thread.

Win7 has a native Telnet client - just type "telnet" in the search box, then "o <ip address>" to open a connection. The CF Telnet server will probably ask you to log in with the system PIN (0000 unless you've changed it), and "cli" from the menu gets you to the command line ("tmenu" returns you to the menu).

Type "hmt" on its own to get help.

I had forgotten it was not installed as standard. The Windows Telnet client is plenty good enough as an alternative to PuTTY (now that the CF server has been massaged to accommodate Windows line ends).

I'll carry out that telnet cmd tomorrow.
Have to find a Telnet programme for my W7 PC. Not used telnet in about 15 years :)

I can't transfer to USB ... both >15GB
This whole scenario started to try and copy to USB ...
Only started to copy direct to PC after advice given in the thread.

The CF allows you to write to NTFS and ExFat. The good news is that the file in question is definitely not encrypted. At a guess the missing field order is down to the fact that Freeview-HD uses a mixture of 1080p25 and 1080i50. A complete file in 1080p25 (Progressive) will not have a field order. A file containing a mixture of interlaced and progressive, the field precedence (order) only refers to the interlaced gops.

Back