1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying to virtual disc didn't decrypt :/

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by probedb, Mar 10, 2012.

1. probedb

probedb New Member

Apologies for the post, I've read various threads and I'm sure I've followed the instructions correctly. I'm trying to copy a HD recording from the hummy to my PC.

I've installed auto-unprotect, samba and virtual-disk so according to the docs the flag should have been removed from the only recording I have. In the interface it just shows 'HD' and 'Opt'.

I then copied the file (selected checkbox and hit copy) which put it in the clipboard. Then I copied to the virtual disc.

I've connected over Samba and can see all the files, however VLC does not play the file. No media information is available which I assume means it's still encrypted.

Have I done something wrong?

I have the latest version of the firmware and VLC and running on Win 7 64 bit.

Cheers,
    Paul.

2. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

Do you have the yellow 'ENC' symbol against the HD file in question or the green DEC symbol SEE HERE
    What do you have against the 'Flags' and 'DLNA URL' SEE HERE

Could you check the status of the file in it's original location e.g. MY Video and again in the Virtual Disk

EDIT
    I have added a few more questions above

3. probedb

probedb New Member

Neither! Just the HD and Opt symbols :/

4. af123

af123 Administrator Staff Member

Copying the file via the web interface does not decrypt it, you need to click on OPT+ and choose decrypt for that (HDR) model or copy the file to the virtual disk using the remote control.

5. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

The copy to Virtual Disk must use the remote control OPT+ copy for decrypt to take place

6. probedb

probedb New Member

Well 'Decrypt' is also greyed out. I didn't realise you had to Copy it using the interface through the TV, sorry about that. I think every post I've read just says copy the file they don't say that it doesn't work through the web interface. My bad.

It's copied now, thanks guys :)

7. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

Decrypt options are not available to the HD-FOX.

8. probedb

probedb New Member

Yes, but I have a HDR-FOX T2.

Would it be because it had automatically decrypted using the auto-decrypt?

9. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

If it has already been decrypted then of course the web option is not available.

I think we go to quite a lot of effort to say "copy using the handset/RC".

10. probedb

probedb New Member

Apologies. I was in far too much of a rush to figure it out :)