Crash log help please

Trev

The Dumb One
Doe to the overheat problem last night, I decided to have a look this morning.
When I switched the box on (from fully off at the mains) I had a crash.
When I fired it up again I got a message that some packages have been disabled and to have a look at the crash log. Here it is.
Code:
6 ... view the crash.log for more details.
5 Your Humax crashed and some packages have been disabled as a precaution.
4 ... disabled plugins ...
3 Humax crashed at Sat Jan 1 00:00:11 UTC 2000 - Uptime: 11
2 Humax crashed at Mon Dec 7 22:57:15 UTC 2015 - Uptime: 11
1 Humax crashed at Wed Nov 11 15:37:38 UTC 2015 - Uptime: 22988
How do I find which packages have been disabled?

It is the ones which hook into the Humax software binary directly (ir, redring, etc.). Run the fix-flash-packages diagnostic to re-enable them.

Thanks. af. Got to fix my fan first. Do you sometimes wish you had never started something?

At the moment, it's :mad: and :frantic: until I get the fan working again.
Is the fan package disabled on a crash?

Code:
crashdiag
dbupdate
disable-dso
disable-ota
dlna-servername
fan
fix-disk
ir
multienv
multimode
newk
poweron-channel
redring
renumber
rsvsync
tmenu
tunefix
undelete
webif
webshell

That list seems longer than I would have expected. Packages like fix-disk and tmenu for example shouldn't be affected by this. Perhaps I am missing something.

That list seems longer than I would have expected. Packages like fix-disk and tmenu for example shouldn't be affected by this. Perhaps I am missing something.
You're right - that's just a list of packages which place files in flash. Let me refine it to those which deliver shared libraries.

It looks like tmenu will be re-installed when running 'fix-flash-packages' as it passes:-
if opkg files $pkg | grep -q ^/mod/boot/; then
EDIT
See post #13

Last edited:
It looks like tmenu will be re-installed when running 'fix-flash-packages' as it passes:-
if opkg files $pkg | grep -q ^/mod/boot/; then
It will because fix-flash-packages is designed to refresh anything which places files in flash.

I recon that currently fix-flash-packages would re-install the following 12 packages :-
Code:
humax# . my-fix-flash-packages-test
Fix-Flash-Packages would Re-install crashdiag
Fix-Flash-Packages would Re-install dbupdate
Fix-Flash-Packages would Re-install fan
Fix-Flash-Packages would Re-install ir
Fix-Flash-Packages would Re-install multienv
Fix-Flash-Packages would Re-install poweron-channel
Fix-Flash-Packages would Re-install redring
Fix-Flash-Packages would Re-install rsvsync
Fix-Flash-Packages would Re-install tmenu
Fix-Flash-Packages would Re-install undelete
Fix-Flash-Packages would Re-install webif
Fix-Flash-Packages would Re-install webshell
humax#

I ran a modified version of fix-flash-packages on a file called my-status after running this :- opkg info -A >my-status, so I think that it should be all current packages
EDIT
The count is 12 of 212 packages, if I run the script on /mod/var/opkg/status, it finds 12 of 101 packages, so I'm guessing I had all the 'fix-flash-packages' installed

Last edited:
Hi

I have a T1010 500G. it works for so long then the screen goes pink, it is running very hot and the little fan doesn’t appear to be spinning.
When it cools down it works again.
Can the fan be forced on?

Thanks

Hi

I have a T1010 500G. it works for so long then the screen goes pink, it is running very hot and the little fan doesn’t appear to be spinning.
When it cools down it works again.
Can the fan be forced on?

Thanks
Why is this posted in an apparently completely irrelevant thread? What's wrong with the forum section appropriate to your box? https://hummy.tv/forum/forums/dtr-t1000-1010-2000-2100-2110-youview-recorders.29/

If the fan isn't running when the box is hot, you have a broken unit - replace under warranty.

Back