Crashes, more crashes

Whilst i understand crashes are a regular occurrence with the use of FOX T2 units. I am concerned at the number that i am getting since installing the CF upgrade, in total 36 over a week period. The HDD appears to be in good health, not sure what to do about it, could i run the flush upgrade software, will that help.

Hi, I have fast broadband but the main router is used with another as an access point from there the FOX T2 units are connected with ethernet cables.

No none, I have a second router configured as an access point from the main router. The FOX T2 units are connected via ethernet cables to the access point.

Whilst i understand crashes are a regular occurrence with the use of FOX T2 units. I am concerned at the number that i am getting since installing the CF upgrade, in total 36 over a week period....
In case I've misread this. If more than one -
how many FOX T2 units?
how many crashes per unit?
are they all HDR FOX T2?
One thing I've found unreliable is the Humax TV Portal, so I never use it. It's just slow and usually crashes my HDR FOX T2.

Good point. If the crashes are the result of trying to access BBC iPlayer via the TV Portal... forget it! It has caused an immediate crash since something changed (their end) a few weeks ago.

I have reconfigured the Portal button on my remote to be skip to bookmark so that I can't inadvertently access the Portal

As the old joke goes if It hurts when I do this, then don't do it

Good point. If the crashes are the result of trying to access BBC iPlayer via the TV Portal... forget it! It has caused an immediate crash since something changed (their end) a few weeks ago.
There are reports elsewhere that the problem has recently been fixed for the HDR-2000t/1800T so it might be worth trying again.

OK, I have two units both are HDRs, they both run the custom firmware, however they both crash when they are taken out of standby, they both have functioning HDDs, I don't know why this is the case, as such I am seriously considering going back to standard Humax firmware v. 1.03.13 which the last available update, and then take it from there, I also think I will format the HDDs and start from scratch. I am not prepared to spend days on end troubleshooting whatever!.
What do you guys think?.

I am seriously considering going back to standard Humax firmware v. 1.03.13
If reverting to stock firmware cures the crashes, we want to know about it. The next step would be to restore CF and see if the crashes come back.

Be aware 1.03.13 was released to update the iPlayer certificates. The same roll-out for HD-FOX buggered it up, and I don't think we know why. 1.03.13 needs treating with suspicion; ignoring iPlayer there's no disadvantage in installing 1.03.12.

I also think I will format the HDDs and start from scratch.
Try that first, before mucking about with firmware versions. We have no experience whatsoever that changing the firmware cures anything.

OK I will treat the entire process as an experiment and will report back. I will then go back to v.1.03.12 firmware and see what happens, it will be later this week.
Thanks for the great feedback and help.

So what parameters do I give for the dlna-filter, apparently leaving it blank stops access to the Humax servers?. Please advice.

Do the crashes stop if you disconnect from the network? If not, the dlna-filter package won't help you (but I have to say something like this "feels like" the problem – especially if this is afflicting both units the same).

Otherwise it's worth a try, but I have no experience. Aren't there obvious settings in WebIF >> Settings >> Settings for dlna-filter package? Have you checked out the existing information?:
  • Forum >> HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware >> Index of Package Primary Topics >> dlna-filter
If dlna-filter does help, then your answer to my question in post 4 was incorrect!

OK, so I went ahead and used the RMA facility to uninstall the CF from, the box as per instructions herein. I then installed the Humax firmware v 1.03.13, as I could not download the v 1.03.12.., I also instructed the box to format the HDD, and then retuned
Following this I installed the CF v 1.03.12 (3.13) and so far I have not experienced any crashes!.

Last edited:
The other box continues to crash soon after awakening from standby, so let us wait a while to see how things develop and might have to do the same as above.

I've been running a fixdisk process to repair my 500 GB HDD, but it has been running since about about 9 am today, is that normal?

Back