Cropping problem

mihaid

I cropped a file by chopping the beginning and it put the original file in a original folder but the cropped file just disappeared.

Did it again, it disappeared again

I cropped a file by chopping the beginning and it put the original file in a original folder but the cropped file just disappeared.

Did it again, it disappeared again
To put it bluntly , real psychics do not exist.

E.g. You say that it has "disappeared" but do not say what you could see of the cropped file before it could not be found. E.g. Details about how long it took, and what you did with the HDR, before it could not be found.

And that is a e.g. and not a i.e. Please do not treat it as an "i.e".

I suspect that some forum members who couldhelp you will be reticent to try to help you if you appear not to put the effort in to help yourself.

Not enough information to be able to help, regardless of whether I am will to. For example: has the OP looked at the file system properly, or only using the SUI and/or WebIF media browser? Neither give a complete view and don't show files which do not match their naming and location requirements.

And that is a e.g. and not a i.e. Please do not treat it as an "i.e".

I agree with the sentiment (one of the forum elders in particular doesn't seem to understand the difference), but I can't see what that applies to here and it is more appropriately discussed in AvP.

Webif opt+ /crop

After about 10sec operation is done

I look on webif and the t2 and can't find the cropped file. Just the original folder with original uncropped file in it.

I really don't know what else I can say.

If I can't see it in ui and can't see it in the webif browser how could I play it with my t2? I assumed it disappeared. From what you seem to say, wrongly assumed

With the CF installed you can use Telnet to access the Linux command line, and from there use Linux shell commands (such as ls - the Unix equivalent of dir) to examine the naked (unfiltered) file system. You can do the same from WebIF >> Diagnostics by installing the webshell package (which provides a browser window to the command line, no need to fire up Telnet on your computer).

By installing the samba package, the HDR-FOX becomes a NAS accessible from the Windows file explorer. Ditto nfs-utils for Linux or Mac.

Whatever way you are comfortable with, for file system queries there is no need to be crippled by only looking through the SUI (standard user interface - ie the TV screen and remote control handset), which only shows you specific file types in very specific directory locations, or the WebIF media browser (which more-or-less mimics the view you get with the SUI).

You've been around this forum for a very long time, and it seems strange to me that you don't already know these things. It's pretty much bread-and-butter for power CF users.

Just a thought:
Does/did the original programme title contain any unusual character, e.g. accent, umlaut etc, ?

I have known them to cause the kind of behaviour you describe - can't recall the exact circumstances but it did result in a file being masked from browser listings.

Can you provide a screenshot after the operation - it should look something like Screenshot_2018-08-09 Humax HDR Fox T2 (Humax) - Browse Files.png

10 seconds is very fast for cropping unless it was a very small file, what does the estimate say?

The first thing crop does is move the file to /original which would explain you symptoms if the crop fails to actually run

Are there any messages in the message area of the screen?
or in webif-error.log?

Yes I have been a long time on this forum and I have also cropped a file before which resulted in the cropped file available on the gui and the original in folder. This time the cropped file is "missing" hence my query

Can you provide a screenshot after the operation - it should look something like View attachment 3642

10 seconds is very fast for cropping unless it was a very small file, what does the estimate say?

The first thing crop does is move the file to /original which would explain you symptoms if the crop fails to actually run

Are there any messages in the message area of the screen?
or in webif-error.log?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180809-151651.png
    Screenshot_20180809-151651.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 22
And why on earth do you constantly make several posts with only a few mins between them. Have you not noticed the edit button.

Yes I have been a long time on this forum and I have also cropped a file before which resulted in the cropped file available on the gui and the original in folder. This time the cropped file is "missing" hence my query
Hence my suggestion you have a look around without the filtering imposed by the SUI or WebIF media browser.

Hence my suggestion you have a look around without the filtering imposed by the SUI or WebIF media browser.
He won't find it because the file was never cropped,
We need to see the error messages produced by the crop process, on screen or in the webif-error.log

The screen-shot shows Picnic at Hanging Rock with no unusual characters but it doesn't show if all the components files are present.
Crop depends on a valid nts file
Without the post processing messages we are just guessing what might be preventing the crop from starting

Without the post processing messages we are just guessing what might be preventing the crop from starting
Indeed.

The screen-shot shows Picnic at Hanging Rock with no unusual characters but it doesn't show if all the components files are present.
A raw view of the file system would.

There seems to me to be some "I've never done that before, that's scary" reluctance to dip toes in water.

Back