'Cross Channel' Series Recording

Trev

The Dumb One
But the T2 does not record 'cross channel' series recordings either. Unless you have setup for both channels.

But the T2 does not record 'cross channel' series recordings either. Unless you have setup for both channels.
. .

Trev, I mean that the issue is seen with recordings on a variety of channels and not unique to a particular channel. Also that there are no timer conflicts which might have caused a recording to fail.

prpr
Well, I am only talking about my experience of recording F1 last year when the whole series of recordings had the same CRID for both BBC1 and BBC2. When I set up the race series on BBC1, I was peed off because it did not record the Practice and Quali on BBC2. I had to set up another series on BBC2 to catch the latter two events.
When I queried it here when it first happened, I was informed that series recordings would not 'cross channel' record, and my failed recordings bore this out.

So as I am obviously totally incompetent about setting up a series recording, how do you do it so that it 'cross channel' records?

@IPN. Ah, I see. No suggestions then, sorry ;=(

It just does it itself. I don't do anything out of the ordinary.
There was a problem with backup/restore of the schedule at some point in the past, but we worked that out ages ago.

I think the bottom line is that it works... sometimes (broadcaster competence dependent).

It worked for the Aussie Tennis last weekend.
I have reviewed the previous correspondence on the matter of channel-hopping series recordings, and I can't find any confirmed positive example, including a post from yourself:
The Series CRIDs are the same between BBC1 and BBC2, but I don't think that means setting one will automatically record the other (but I haven't tested it).
When you say it worked for the Aussie Tennis, are you saying that a single series reservation managed to record programmes from multiple LCNs? Do you still have the recordings; can you report S-CRID and P-CRID?

It seems to me we should be able to settle this after once and for all, for HDR-FOX and any other PVR we (the collective) are able to test: by establishing the most favourable conditions under which we expect it to work, searching for an occasion on which those conditions are met simultaneously, and then a reasonable population of us set up the recording and report results.

So, what do we need? Obviously a single series-linked set of programmes which occur on multiple LCNs. Then, presumably, the LCNs themselves also have to have some kind of relationship with each other - is that by having identical broadcast authority fields in the tuning database?

Yes, a single series recording recorded programmes from both LCNs 101 and 102.
I don't have the programmes any more, but I still have the WebIf schedule backups. Having poked through, I've clipped out the relevant information for the 29th, 30th and 31st respectively:
Code:
# aulEventToRecordInfo   szCRID   szEventToRecord   szFPBRecPath   szRecordedProgCrid   szSvcName   szevtname
cb000c006070ab56707eab561cb60000ce000c00d0b3ac56e8c8ac5617b70000cb000c008c14ae56a429ae56a5b80000
FP.BBC.CO.UK/V93GQL
1FP.BBC.CO.UK/7A3C0B|1FP.BBC.CO.UK/7A3CIA|1FP.BBC.CO.UK/7A3CI9|
Tennis: Australian Open Highlights
1FP.BBC.CO.UK/7A3C0A|1FP.BBC.CO.UK/7A3CKF|
BBC TWO HD

ce000c00d0b3ac56e8c8ac5617b70000cb000c008c14ae56a429ae56a5b80000
FP.BBC.CO.UK/V93GQL
1FP.BBC.CO.UK/7A3CIA|1FP.BBC.CO.UK/7A3CI9|
1FP.BBC.CO.UK/7A3C0B|1FP.BBC.CO.UK/7A3C0A|1FP.BBC.CO.UK/7A3CKF|
BBC ONE HD
Tennis: Australian Open - Women's...

cb000c008c14ae56a429ae56a5b80000
FP.BBC.CO.UK/V93GQL
1FP.BBC.CO.UK/7A3CI9|
1FP.BBC.CO.UK/7A3CIA|1FP.BBC.CO.UK/7A3C0B|1FP.BBC.CO.UK/7A3C0A|1FP.BBC.CO.UK/7A3CKF|
BBC TWO HD
The PCRIDs definitely match the programmes - 7A3C0B and 7A3CI9 were on BBC2 and 7A3CIA was on BBC1. Not sure what V93GQL referred to at this point as the data has now gone, but I guess it looks like the SCRID.

It seems to me we should be able to settle this after once and for all, for HDR-FOX and any other PVR we (the collective) are able to test: by establishing the most favourable conditions under which we expect it to work, searching for an occasion on which those conditions are met simultaneously, and then a reasonable population of us set up the recording and report results.

So, what do we need? Obviously a single series-linked set of programmes which occur on multiple LCNs. Then, presumably, the LCNs themselves also have to have some kind of relationship with each other - is that by having identical broadcast authority fields in the tuning database?
SCRID:/V9L8P7
Six Nations Highlights - first programme tonight at 7pm on 2 and the next one is next Saturday at 2pm on 1. Then there's another swap to 2 next Sun at 7pm.
I've set my spare machine!

On the Humax UI, I just pressed OK when the item was highlighted in the EPG and selected "Record the whole series".
If you then go into the Schedule items (yellow), select the item and press right to show more episodes, you get a list of 4 episodes - all of these show as BBC2 yet programmes 2 and 3 are definitely on BBC1 (check the EPG view for next Sat.). That's another Humax bug then, although I'm fairly certain I've seen this work properly before.

Looks right on the web interface schedule for mine that was set via RS. Could just be the Humax interface that can't show the other channels. I'll check later when I'm home and can look at it.

Screenshot%202016-02-07%2015.50.31.png

It's a shame the broadcasters can't get these series right. They should put the highlights on a separate CRID from the matches. It was always the same with F1.

As another test, I've set SD in addition to HD. When I look at the SD item in the schedule it says "2 BBC TWO ... HD 101 BBC ONE HD" for episodes 2 and 3.

(The dots represent a small bit of whitespace which the great God Xenforo has decreed thou shalt not have even though you want it and it aids clarity.)

Back