1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom firmware - explained simple terms PLEASE

Discussion in 'FOXSAT-HDR Customised Firmware' started by NeilDyson, Sep 11, 2012.

1. NeilDyson

NeilDyson New Member

Can someone please help... I'm trying to understand 'custom firmware' in simple terms. I have a humax freesat HDR 500gb. Please someone please help in simple terms step by step. Thanks everyone

2. NeilDyson

NeilDyson New Member

So far this is what i have learnt...
    1) Using a USB stick (FAT32) load the Custom Firmware on.
    2) Turn the Humax onto standby mode...insert USB
    3) Press and hold the Standby button until numbers apear on the display screen.
    4) Reboot
    5) Find your ip address under setting

Leaving the Humax box on, turn on your computer and load up a web browser ( i use firefox on a mac)

Install application... for remote ...tv guide..
    this is far as i have got so far, more investigation tonight..

I would like to upload movie files onto the Humax hard drive (not sure which format yet) and access NAS drive.

Ideal world i would love to run XBMC...anyone have any ideas??

3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson Well-Known Member

The current supplied packages have TwonkyMedia and MediaTomb. Uploading non native video requires the creation of two additional sidecar files. Raydons AV2HDR will do this from suitable source content. You can't stream anything to the hdr only vice versa.

4. NeilDyson

NeilDyson New Member

Thanks for the reply, the problem is I do not own a pc computer....i'm a apple computer. What do you mean by two sidecar files. Can I convert the video to a correct format? Thanks

5. grahamlthompson

On a Foxsat-hdr there are three main files associated with each recording, the video and audio is contained in a transport stream file (.ts), mpeg2 for SD - H264AVC for HD. a file with a .nts extension which provides navigation data and one with a .hmt format containg details like channel recorded from, times/dates programme synopses etc. AV2HDR is available for the Mac as well as PC's

http://myhumax.org/blog/?page_id=166

Here's an extract from the help files

6. NeilDyson

NeilDyson New Member

I have tried to find a version for the mac, however the only version I can find 1.4 crashes. Is there any other option I can use? Thanks

7. grahamlthompson

My knowledge of OS-X is next to zilch. Best to post on a forum that Raydon regulary contribitutes to. Try the AV forums freesat threads.