Custom Firmware on HDR-2000T

Is far as im aware nobody from here has got one yet - so nobody knows. I definitely wouldn't assume so...

Posted on the move

Is it possible to use Custom Firmware on HDR-2000T
No. It may be possible one day if Humax release a software update but there are no guarantees.

Who will be the first to risk bricking their new HDR-2000T?
It has more flash memory so they have almost certainly used a different partitioning scheme for it. I would expect the new box to have a different System ID too, preventing the HDR Fox-T2 software (or CFW) being loaded.

I figure they might use the encrypted file system from the YouView box.
They haven't included that in the open source components that they have published for this box. I think it's unlikely - they are almost certainly using a lot of the existing HDR Fox-T2 code.

Is there any faint hope that the new box could use the exact same fw as the fox t2?

I wondered if that could be a reason for the slow epg on t2s running 1.03.06?

Posted on the move

As af123 has said, at the very least the System ID would have to be changed to match the new one, I would say it is very unlikely that Humax will keep the old one

As af123 has said, at the very least the System ID would have to be changed to match the new one, I would say it is very unlikely that Humax will keep the old one

Do Humax not value all the work enthusiasts have put in on their boxes?

Do we know if the new box runs some form of Unix?

Any news on the CF running on HDR-2000T

We need:
  1. A source of the code installed and the means to inject new code. Handy if they put a firmware update on-line (as per HD/HDR-FOX) for USB update. Only by inserting our own code into this are we then able to investigate the file system etc.
  2. Somebody willing to risk bricking their unit the first time anybody tries an unofficial update, particularly if there is no escape route in the form of an official firmware update.
You could try bricking the existing CF for HDR-FOX by patching the version numbers so that the HDR-2000T accepts it as a firmware update, but who knows what would happen. Are you volunteering?

What has been shown is that Foxy will probably work.

@af123: are you not able to extract the f/w to usb in the same manner as 01.03.06 in the meantime?
If you were able, you may find things that could be ported back to the HDR..

I thought of that too, but there is still no way in until a USB update gets published, or at least only a very risky way in. Besides, do we HDR-FOX users really want him distracted onto something else? ;)

Sounds like a bad idea to me (unless you are short of a door stop).
...which is exactly what I was driving at.

@af123: are you not able to extract the f/w to usb in the same manner as 01.03.06 in the meantime?
IIRC this was done by somebody having naively installed CF over 1.03.06 and finding it worked, thereby gaining Telnet access. No Telnet, no dump to USB.

Back