Custom Portal - Development

Hi folks,

I have been messing with this portal stuff the last few days and the good news is that the new Opera browser actually makes things easier. Navigation is mapped natively from the remote so no creating custom mapping, well for simple navigation anyway (up/down/left/right/ok)..

I managed to get a new portal up and running and have created icons for all the apps (Currently working) from the Xtra1 Portal. I realized that my html/css skills are pretty rubbish during this project so it will be a good learning process for me..

Is there any way to capture screen grabs on the Humax?

For the enigma2 receivers we can use the Telnet command:
Code:
grab -d -p /tmp/grab.png

Can anything similar be used on the Humax? I will post some screenshots if it is, otherwise it will have to wait..

I am not sure what the best design would be for this. I am currently doing something similar to the official Humax portal but maybe that would not be the preferred option?

Good Job mcquaim :)

I think the Xtra1 style is the preferred layout for speed of use and to stop it blanking the TV output.
Its your baby now though, so do what you feel is right - as long as its cool :cool: lol

Dont know about screen grabs sorry, photos will do though :D

Ah, I'd rather stick with what is wanted rather than suit myself..

I can always get Xtra1 working too and let everyone use what they liked I guess!

This is what I have currently, still very rough but it does work..

Ah, I'd rather stick with what is wanted rather than suit myself..

I can always get Xtra1 working too and let everyone use what they liked I guess!

This is what I have currently, still very rough but it does work..
I would like to see portal-xtra1 working with 1.03.06.:)

I must admit that I like being able to carry on watching tv a la portal-xtra1 - your new one looks fine though.

Any idea yet if 4oD/ITV will be doable?

Posted on the move

I must admit that I like being able to carry on watching tv a la portal-xtra1 - your new one looks fine though.

Any idea yet if 4oD/ITV will be doable?

Posted on the move

As I was saying before, 4OD is currently deffo NOT a runner.. C4 changed their website so we can no longer get the stream data so unless that changes it is not possible. ITV should be possible as we can currently get this on the satellite boxes so should be portable..

No, it is a new version!

I will try and take a look at Xtra1 tomorrow first if I get a chance! I can look at a new portal at a later date after I look at the OnDemand players..
Looks like your version of the portal could make the previous versions irrelevant anyway.

Keep up the good work :)

Is this going to be a case of different packages for pre and post 1.03.06 (old and new browsers), or can one package be made to operate with both?

Is this going to be a case of different packages for pre and post 1.03.06 (old and new browsers), or can one package be made to operate with both?

Not sure yet!

I'm sure Xtra1 can be updated for 1.03.06 also, haven't looked at it much yet.. The problem could be by fixing it could result in breaking it for older images...

Time will tell I guess!

As Xtra1 works (to some extent) with pre 1.03.06 firmware versions, it seems logical to develop the new Custom TV Portal for the 1.03.06 first, I am not running 1.03.06 at present, but a working Custom TV Portal together with the new look BBC I-Player is an incentive to move to it.

I managed to get Xtra1 running (well sort of) on 1.03.06.

The issue is down to keyCode mapping changes. I think you could change it to mostly work without breaking anything for receivers on older firmware!

I can't get the "Menu" button mapping to work though, it looks like it is no longer available to be used. I might be missing something though but when debugging event.keyCode nothing appears for a Menu button press!

So, if Menu is no longer available then is it still worth trying to port Xtra1 to 1.03.06?

I've ripped the keycodes from the current Humax Portal js file here
I think its just a case of Opera not loading the current js properly as 0 works, but no other number does.

I've ripped the keycodes from the current Humax Portal js file here
I think its just a case of Opera not loading the current js properly as 0 works, but no other number does.

Yeah, kind of.. It is more down to js errors as it can't make any sense of the VKA_ variables..

If any reference to VKA_ is removed from portal.js then the portal starts to work..

However, the menu key doesn't seem to send any signal at all to the portal.js file. I added a debug statement to the function keyPress(event) and nearly all the remote key presses register a debug except for the Menu key.
Code:
var kk=event.which;
setDebug('1. kk: '+kk);

I don't know if this now means that the Menu key is out of bounds for use on these portals?

Possible.. Just switch it to a different key then such as i or 9 for that menu, or ditch it.
Ps. Ok refreshes the page incase you've not noticed.

Ok, I will try and switch the key for you guys then.. I don't want stepping on anyone's toes here esp whoever is the owner of the Xtra1 portal..

BTW, what do you mean by:
Ps. Ok refreshes the page incase you've not noticed.

Will that prevent having to reboot after each code change? That would save me a lot of agro as the TV Emulator will not run jQuery for me so rubbish for testing any changes..

Back