Custom Portal - Development

Hi folks,

I think I'm finally ready to release this new Portal for anyone that would like to use it. I am going to use it as a base for my attempt at OnDemand players (TV/Radio). I have only made a very quick proof of concept on the RTE Player to see can I parse the XML but all that exists for the other players are the icons. Sky Player still doesn't work and I never looked into why as yet.

Can someone explain to me how to build the package or attempt it for me? I looked at the wiki for the instructions but I'm not sure of how to include the dependencies etc. This is based on the new firmware 1.03.06 so it won't work on the older firmware as it depends on Opera.

I tried to upload a zip of the new portal but it said that the file was too large (1.15MB). Is there any way around this?

Cheers,
mcquaim

I have downloaded your 1.186KB file newPortal.zip but I am getting corrupted file message, so it won't un-zip. The notes on compiling packages in the WiKi HERE, cover the dependants in the CONTROL/control file

The procedure for creating packages is detailed in the WIki here. It details how to setup the dependencies on other packages. To only allow installation on firmware 1.03.06 or later, a pre-installation script will be required.

CONTROL/preinst
Code:
#!/bin/sh

ver=0
[ -f /root/fhtcpversion ] && ver=`cat /root/fhtcpversion`
[ -f /etc/fhtcpversion ] && ver=`cat /etc/fhtcpversion`

echo "Humax software version: $ver"

if [ ${ver//\./} -lt 10306 ]; then 
  echo "This package requires Humax software version 1.03.06 or later"
  exit 1
fi

exit 0

Edit: Actually a better way might be just to test that the opera browser is installed.
Code:
#!/bin/sh

if [ ! -f /usr/browser/opera_dir/url/url.txt ]; then
  echo "This package requires Humax software version 1.03.06 or later"
  exit 1
fi

exit 0

I have managed to un-zip (using WinRAR) O.K. what is required to create an OPK file is the /CONTROL/control, CONTROL/prerm, CONTROL/postinst etc. It would probably help if you unpacked an existing package (Link HERE) so you can see the format

I have managed to un-zip (using WinRAR) O.K. what is required to create an OPK file is the /CONTROL, CONTROL/preinst, CONTROL/postinst etc. It would probably help if you unpacked an existing package (Link HERE) so you can see the format

Cheers, I think that is a good idea as I'm not getting much from that Hello example lol... I will see how I get on!

You guys get it running ok?

Not sure where the directories are supposed to end up, under /mod/webif/html or somewhere else? Similarly newPortal.html and newPortal.jim

See post #103 above..

I am having issues with unpacking the bloody existing custom portal so I can build a package for this thing...
Code:
humax# opkg download custom-portal
Downloading http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/custom-portal_1.12-1_mipsel.opk.
Downloaded custom-portal as ./custom-portal_1.12-1_mipsel.opk.
humax# opkg-unpack custom-portal_1.12-1_mipsel.opk
/mod/bin/gzip: Cannot exec: No such file or directory
Error is not recoverable: exiting now
Child returned status 2
Child returned status 2
Unpacked  to custom-portal_1.12-1_mipsel

Cheers, I think that is a good idea as I'm not getting much from that Hello example lol... I will see how I get on!
Something like this :-

CONTROL/
CONTROL/{control file}
CONTROL/{preinst file}
CONTROL/{postinst file}
CONTROL/{prerm file}
{path structure for files} {files}

See post #103 above..

I am having issues with unpacking the bloody existing custom portal so I can build a package for this thing...
Code:
humax# opkg download custom-portal
Downloading http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/custom-portal_1.12-1_mipsel.opk.
Downloaded custom-portal as ./custom-portal_1.12-1_mipsel.opk.
humax# opkg-unpack custom-portal_1.12-1_mipsel.opk
Child returned status 2
Child returned status 2
Unpacked  to custom-portal_1.12-1_mipsel
Code:
opkg install gzip

See post #103 above..

There is a package you need to install, otherwise the Humax tries to use to wrong gzip / tar etc. packages, I'll have a look around and try to remember what is required
EDIT
As xyz321 say's you need to install the gzip package, there is a version in busybox but it isn't the same version as the stand alone package, I will add a note to the Wiki page, saying you need to install gzip

It is a .zip! Just created with WinRAR I assume. It can create .zip as well as .rar files you know.
The first four bytes of the file has the signature "Rar!" which says to me it is a .RAR file. It is most definitely NOT a .zip file.

Back