Custom Portal - Development

Ok I have packaged it up, seems to work great. Let me know if you want me to upload it somewhere.

Thanks a mill, I might use it is this attempt of mine is not correct..

Can you try it please, I copied it from custom-portal.
Code:
http://www.ge.tt/53BMMzz/v/0?c

I am not sure if the repair stuff for the boot environment is still needed in preinst. I think it was to upgrade the file structure from a really old version (af123 would know more).

I suggest a postrm script as well to remind people to reboot after removal. Otherwise nothing happens if you try to access the portal after it has been removed (i.e it doesn't revert to the default portal until it has been rebooted).

e.g. (from portal-xtra1)
Code:
#!/bin/sh

echo "."
echo "."
echo "!! IMPORTANT !!"
echo "-------------------------------------------"
echo "You will need to reboot your Humax."
echo "Power off, wait until the hard drive powers"
echo "down - indicated by a small click."
echo "Then power back on, and voila...   ...enjoy"

exit 0

PS. It seems to work fine:)

I am not sure if the repair stuff for the boot environment is still needed in preinst. I think it was to upgrade the file structure from a really old version (af123 would know more).

I suggest a postrm script as well to remind people to reboot after removal. Otherwise nothing happens if you try to access the portal after it has been removed (i.e it doesn't revert to the default portal until it has been rebooted).

e.g. (from portal-xtra1)
Code:
#!/bin/sh

echo "."
echo "."
echo "!! IMPORTANT !!"
echo "You will need to reboot your Humax."
echo "Power off, wait until the hard drive powers"
echo "down - indicated by a small click."
echo "Then power back on, and voila...  ...enjoy"

exit 0

PS. It seems to work fine:)

Thanks, I will add that tomorrow, enough learning for today, head fried...

Are you really arguing about this, seriously???? Would you ever go and put your talents to something useful instead of wrecking peoples heads :mad:
I'm not arguing about anything, merely stating FACTS rather than ASSUMPTIONS. I'm refuting the misinformation that Wallace was trying to spread. He was under the mis-apprehension that it was a .zip and told me so after he'd been told it wasn't. I WILL NOT STAND FOR THAT.
I wasn't having a go at you. Don't get so uppity.

Thanks a mill, I might use it is this attempt of mine is not correct..

Can you try it please, I copied it from custom-portal.
The package looks good to me : ) I can put it into the repository if you want so that more people can give it a go easily.

The package looks good to me : ) I can put it into the repository if you want so that more people can give it a go easily.

Yeah, that would be great! Maybe check the Jim script to make sure it's ok, I made a few changes without knowing what I was doing haha!!!

One thing I noticed, in the webif and the list of installed plugins it isn't showing a description for the plugin, I thought I added one.. Maybe get that sorted first?

Now to get some of the good stuff working, the OD players.. Should be fun!!

The description won't show if the package isn't in the main repository.
On my TV, it's too tall and I can't see the coloured buttons at the bottom. Probably related to overscan settings but you might want to reduce the overall height to accommodate a range of sets.

The description won't show if the package isn't in the main repository.
On my TV, it's too tall and I can't see the coloured buttons at the bottom. Probably related to overscan settings but you might want to reduce the overall height to accommodate a range of sets.

Does the official Humax portal do the same thing? I based the code on the official portal so I think it should be the same... I reckon it's your overscan that needs turning off..

The Jim script looks ok to me.. I usually use a catch {} construct rather than try {} on error {} but both work.

Code:
if {[catch { $db query ... } msg]} {
  puts "\[{\"status\":\"$msg\"}]"
} else {
  puts "\[{\"status\":0}]"
}

or, I suppose:

Code:
set msg 0
catch { $db query ... } msg
puts "\[{\"status\":\"$msg\"}]"

.. and the operators for checking string equality are eq and ne, so this:

Code:
                        if { $uri != "" } {

should technically be

Code:
                        if { $uri ne "" } {

although an empty string evaluates to false so it isn't a real problem.

Cheers, I will try and get to those changes tomorrow! I might take out the catch code altogether as I don't think they get passed back on an Ajax post call. I couldn't use the data.status value in the js anyway..

Again, thanks for all the help on this stuff, appreciated..

Absolutely fine (not 1.03.06 you understand).

Hmmm, interesting! I can't see from the official portal code how it would be handling overscan! It seems to be just setting it to 1280x580 I think it was..

I will take a look tomorrow to see what I can do!

Cheers!

Works fine for me mate. Can't wait for the od players :)

On the OD players for enigma2 we were able to build in TUNLR. What this enabled us to do was to access the UK content from outside the UK!

I'm really hoping this will be possible with JavaScript also, even for development as it will be tricky without..

When I had a play with this kind of thing, I discovered the HTML renders to a 1280x720 frame, and to allow for overscan I needed to restrict the active area to the centre 1228x688. These notional pixels then have to be interpolated onto whatever the Humax is outputting (1080, 720).

When I had a play with this kind of thing, I discovered the HTML renders to a 1280x720 frame, and to allow for overscan I needed to restrict the active area to the centre 1228x688. These notional pixels then have to be interpolated onto whatever the Humax is outputting (1080, 720).

Apparently it's all about leaving margins:

I will take a look at squeezing things in a bit in the next few days!

Back