Customised Firmware 2.10 (for 1.02.27)

Aaarrgghh not been checking the posts over the weekend and now it looks like Black Hole is going to load up and be running an update before I am!!! :frantic:

It's not like I always have to be first or anything like but I was always ahead of BH!!!! Now I feel very disappointed in myself :( ;)

Don't worry mate - even on 2.00 you're more than a version ahead of BH : )
The race is on!

Oh i have been a complete wally......Read the thread, reread the thread, downloaded the new Humax update and the new custom firmware update ready to reinstall over the previous custom firmware.....Rushed home, got all excited, sidetracked and failed to run diagnostics......now i cant access webif at all and i am stuck with the official firmware update....any ideas?? Do i need to do the telnet thing??? Gutted....

Damn! Can't do it until after 10 (gotta record the next episode to pull to pieces). Start in the bedroom...

i type in the ip address and it wont connect so am assuming its the web if....i can connect ok to tv portal content so assume network is ok. obviously custom tv portal aint working now ...

Oh i have been a complete wally......Read the thread, reread the thread, downloaded the new Humax update and the new custom firmware update ready to reinstall over the previous custom firmware.....Rushed home, got all excited, sidetracked and failed to run diagnostics......now i cant access webif at all and i am stuck with the official firmware update....any ideas?? Do i need to do the telnet thing??? Gutted....

Did the custom firmware go on okay do you think? You can tell because it displays the version on boot now.
If you didn't run the diagnostic then you just need to fix up to three packages - straightforward enough through the webif once it's running.

It sounds like something more fundamental has gone wrong here.

Did the custom firmware go on okay do you think? You can tell because it displays the version on boot now.
If you didn't run the diagnostic then you just need to fix up to three packages - straightforward enough through the webif once it's running.

It sounds like something more fundamental has gone wrong here.
The software version is 1.02.27, loader version a7.30... I tried to run putty and put in the IP addy in the humax internet settings page,clicked the telnet button but all i got was a "connection refused by host" error on the telnet. I dont see the version on boot only a7.30.When i realised that i had not run diagnostics i continued to install the custom firmware update over the main update hoping i could just reinstall the packages mentioned but its not worked out that way for me.

Ok, so you've successfully loaded the official 1.02.27 firmware but it doesn't look like you've got the custom version on there.
Try installing the custom firmware again (it's in a ZIP file now so download the zip and extract it onto the USB drive) and you should get the webif back.

Ok, so you've successfully loaded the official 1.02.27 firmware but it doesn't look like you've got the custom version on there.
Try installing the custom firmware again (it's in a ZIP file now so download the zip and extract it onto the USB drive) and you should get the webif back.
Ok have tried several times, and restarted several times, not looking good..EDIT..ok seems to be taking longer this time something is different....

What happens when you try and install the custom firmware?
Do you get the usual loader screen with the progress bar going through 'Reading' then 'Programming' ?

Could the USB drive still contain the official firmware rather than the customised version? The customised file has size 17176688 (for the HDR)

Ok af123, this time its taken, i have my web if back, did a force reinstall on the diagnostics, so far so good, but unfortunately i dont have the custom tv portal ( xtra1 or otherwise) Do i have to remove the packages from the web if and re load?

You need to do a force reinstall of the following packages, if you use them:
  • portal-xtra1
  • rs
  • undelete
  • redring
and then reboot.

You need to do a force reinstall of the following packages, if you use them:
  • portal-xtra1
  • rs
  • undelete
  • redring
and then reboot.
Ok it works, brilliant, thanks af for your time and patience, and thanks again for everyones good work on this custom package.
Your patience with those of us less tech savvy is applauded

Stage 1 complete (HD-FOX).

Loader went up from 7.26 to 7.27 (interesting how it went through a second programming phase after the restart). Before I installed the CF, I checked DLNA operation by streaming HiDef from the HDR-FOX, and I can confirm the 4GB bug is no longer present - I could wind through a 90-minute HiDef film right to the end, which would not have been possible before.

Then I fitted CF2.10. What's the second boot for af? I was a little fearful, bearing in mind the history of HD-FOX is that it fails to boot a short time after entry to standby. Something might have been fixed here too, because this time it was no problem (I'll see if it was a fluke).

Before the last restart the front panel was showing the correct time (GMT), but once booted the iPlate is showing stopped clock 1970, and the screensaver is stopped clock too. All things to feed into the ntpclient discussion.

Loader went up from 7.26 to 7.27 (interesting how it went through a second programming phase after the restart).

Yes, the main boot loader is in the firmware at address 0x1c00000 and the Humax firmware update loads a new one at 0x1c20000 - probably a way of keeping two loaders around just in case. The second programming phase is most likely when it copies the new loader from the top slot to the bottom one.

Just updated everything and all seems well, except for one rather annoying issue...
When I press the tv portal button, the xtra1 menu comes up, but its half way up the screen!
This problem existed before I went up to the latest version, but I was hoping it'd fix it when I upgraded.
Any idea how I can fix this, as it seems to be climbing further up the screen as time goes on.

All done (done yours yet, oijonesey?). Loader stayed at a7.30 (HDR-FOX).

Keeps demanding a retune now! Anything I can do about that (other than give it a retune)?

Back