Customised HDF file released

No need to clear the ENC flag for StDef, which is what I think the poster was talking about. The recording should decrypt fine by OPT+ download (which uses the standard DLNA server - you have to enable content sharing in the internet options). You can even do it without mods by using UPnP Inspector to track down the file reference, and then wget or your favourite browser to download the file using the UPnP reference.

Not so HiDef, which requires not only the ENC flag cleared, but also other parameters about protected streaming (all taken care of by auto-unprotect).

See the Index in the pinned topics. By no means complete, but the best way in to the more informative topics.

Since the poster had used the OPT+ method and ended up with an encrypted download, I assumed he had picked an HD file. Not everybody benefits from knowing about uPnP Inspector and wget or the ins and outs of all the flags involved in unprotection. Sometimes a simple answer works best.

Thanks both for your replies.
@BH, I was only talking about SD. But as we all know, the box encrypts everything on the HDD so still needs to be unencrypted before it can be copied off.
Really can't be arsed with fannying with (and learning how to use) UPnP inspector. I've spent hours & days in the past going through various convoluted processes to get recorded video off a box, and transcoded, and edited. In the end I run out of steam because it's just too much hassle.
The process we have now on the HDR thanks to af123 and others seems to be the simplest and slickest yet.

I will check out the index, thanks.

I've been thinking about playing with ffmpeg to get the box to auto-convert to MPG too, it would be nice if we had an option to convert and download from the Web IF

Also, not sure if this is the right thread to post webif requests, but would it be possible to add a dedup option to folders in the "Browse Media Files" section?

Also, not sure if this is the right thread to post webif requests, but would it be possible to add a dedup option to folders in the "Browse Media Files" section?

There's a dedicated webif thread, but yes, dedup is also on my list to add. The command line dedup works but it would be better in the webif.

My apologies, I saw the PEARL request but didn’t read any further, I've had a little play with Get I-Player and find it very useful, I haven't managed to download any Hi-Def content yet however.

I wonder why this would be useful? If you're using the web interface you are by definition accessing the Humax over the network from a browser, most likely running on a PC, so why not just get-iplayer from there?

I'm pretty happy being able to rip the .mp4 buffer out of the Humax.

A few of the main advantages of Get I-Player are :-access to every I-player file (Currently 812) not just the Humax sub set, Download of complete series / Multiple files, A PVR function that will look for future programs and record them, search for a program by Name, any words used in the description, genre etc. Also very fast download (not real time), Better Quality, I could go on . . .

Maybe you missed my point - why not do it from your PC?

(BTW the Humax iPlayer buffer also loads at full network speed)

"Maybe you missed my point - why not do it from your PC?" Because I would want the resulting files to be playable on my Humax, Other advantages would be setting up the PVR function on the Humax and having the search function constantly running (only possible from a P.C. if it was also constantly running). I think it makes more sense to use the Humax to download a T.V. program than say control the lighting in my house or some of the other 'Mod' suggestions

So you reckon having get-iplayer on the Humax would enable it to seek-and-fetch autonomously then? Okay, I'm in (I just failed to suck in 'Horizon - The Core': "There has been a network problem, your programme is not available").

There is still a little niggle in my mind though: if you know you want it before it arrives in iPlayer, why not schedule a recording (especially with automatic EPG search)? I use iPlayer for things I forgot to record or didn't know was on before it was too late, and even StDef broadcast is better than high quality iPlayer download.

(I'm not being awkward for the sake of it, I'm taking the role as antagonist in the debate.)

"I'm not being awkward for the sake of it" I’m not going to get drawn into a slanging match, I think Get I-Player has it’s merits, I guess if it finds it’s way onto the Humax you won’t be using it, Fine.

Slanging match? None intended. I have no problem with the BYTs coming up with features I may or may not use. I was just thinking that AF123 said it would be difficult to port.

Debates are a method intended to arrive at a greater truth in an adversarial forum - you have protagonists speaking for the motion and antagonists against, whether they actually believe their case or not. That is how Parliament and Courts of Law operate, and if I represent the antagonist side by playing devil's advocate there's nothing personal about it (although I admit it is sometimes seen that way) - I'm just testing the case. I might equally support the protagonist side if I think it needs it.

I'm sure that other members of this forum are tired of this 'Debate' so I'll leave you to have the last word on the subject

Back