Damn Accurate Recording (AR)

Useful info, and with the multimode package one can pre-define which channels to default to padding. (Of course, one needs a reboot before any new schedule items are converted.)

I didn't know about that package so have installed it, in for a penny. So far I'm only setting the main channels for AR recording BBC's and ITV's

Let's see how that goes.

Click on BBC News failed last night.

I have 3 recordings tonight on AR 2x on radio, one on BBCHD, we'll see how those go.

You are allowing for a reboot between adding a new recording to the schedule and the actual recording time (not including the boot up for recording from standby)?

Not meaning to teach grandmothers egg-sucking, but to confirm for anyone who doesn't know: a quick off-on isn't good enough - the Humax has to be allowed to complete its shut down as indicated by the USB power going off, the Ethernet indicators going off, and the HDD shutting down. Only then will re-starting produce a proper reboot, otherwise it will just terminate the shut-down process (you can tell because the picture resumes instantly without the slash screen).

Of course, turning off and on with the physical switch around the back will produce a reboot, but turning off without first shutting down is not recommended (although unlikely to cause any particular problem).

3 recordings yesterday and 2 so far today and only 1 failed recording on BBC2HD.

This is strange though, one of the recordings should have been 22:00 to 00:00 but as you can see below started nearly half an hour late.

2013 09 21 - Dave Pearce.png

5 AR set for today, if any fail that's it I'm back to padding.

The programme started recording nearly half an hour late, and finished recording almost two hours late.

This is strange though, one of the recordings should have been 22:00 to 00:00 but as you can see below started nearly half an hour late.
...and ended 2 hours late.

On that evidence it is clearly worth putting the radio channels into the "AR unreliable" set, and radio doesn't suffer the random over-runs one gets with (and following) live TV broadcasts. There is no need to throw the baby out with the bath water though, give multimode a try with your radio channels preset to padding.

...and ended 2 hours late.

On that evidence it is clearly worth putting the radio channels into the "AR unreliable" set, and radio doesn't suffer the random over-runs one gets with (and following) live TV broadcasts. There is no need to throw the baby out with the bath water though, give multimode a try with your radio channels preset to padding.

I put multimode on yesterday and only selected the main BBC & ITV channels for AR.

I selected a couple of random radio shows that I didn't mind missing bits or missing the full recording of to test out AR.

I will put all of my radio recordings back into the padded category as per your suggestion.

Weird that BBC2HD failed completely but I'll persevere with AR recording on TV for a while.

Back