De duplicate epg

fjk3489tb

I've patched the epg so when I search for say films it only shows the first occurrence, only does it when I select a type eg films/drama. Great for figuring out what to record during the following week. I can select the film and the pop-up appears giving details, and if there's more than one occurrence I can press the CRID and see the alternative times.

In proc proc get_data {} of /mod/webif/cgi-bin/epg/search.jim

I just remember the files listed so far:
set d 1
if {$ct > 0 } {
set film [$record get name]
if {![dict exists $films $film ]} {
set films($film) 0
} else {
set d 0
}
}

Then around the remaining code I add :

if {$d == 1} {
altrow
$record get_channel_info
. . .
}

Now I can quickly see any new films without having duplicates...

--
Steve

Webif 0.12.0-3 now has this as a built-in option. It's off by default but you can toggle "De-duplicate genre search results?" in the webif settings screen.

Thanks for the gentle reminder, Steve!

Slightly different implementation:

set seen {}
foreach record [lsort -command rsort $records] {
if {$dedup} {
set ename [$record get name]
if {$ename in $seen} continue
lappend seen $ename
}
}​

Any chance of adding an option to exclude tagged programs ?

On the EPG (after de duplicating) it would be nice to have an option against a program to ignore it (ie don't list again and on any search).

This way I could just look at new programs that haven't been on before or I have no interest in. Perhaps after a program has been selected to be recorded it could be added to the ignore list.

I'm after a simple way to look for new films on the EPG and have the box remember what I've already recorded or am not interested in (perhaps an option to add all EPG search results to the blacklist), then I can just look through new programs ignoring repeats.

Back