Decrypt HD Recordings

crazyfeet

Can I just check that I am doing this correctly. So I have read the wiki pages and have installed Cuctom Firmware. I have also installed the Auto unprotect package and Boot HDR from the Web Interface. However when I download HD recording from my HDR FOX T2 to my PC I'm unable to view the recordings. It would appear that the recording is still encrypted. The question is .. What am I missing or doing wrong ?

The Wiki pages also refer to switching to HDR Mode. I am not clear wither I should be doing this as well and wither I need to do this before attempting a recording or wither this needs to be done after recordings have been completed. Can someone come back to me and tell me what I need to do next and or tell me how to view download recording please ?

Many thanks ..

Crazyfeet :)

If you really have a Fox HDR-T2, you don't need the Boot-HDR, as this is for a Fox HD system.
How are you copying the recording - the unprotect package, IIRC, only enables decryption if you 'copy to an external disk', so a copy across the network won't work.

Thanks for your replies. To clear things up yes I do have a HDR FOX T2, so from what you mention I I will remove the Boot HDR Package. The next I've been asked is how I copy the recording ? So I do the following :

On PC from web browser go to HDP FOX T2 Web portal
Select the Browse Media Files icon
Select a file by ticking the file
Click on the OPT+ button to the right of the selected file
Select download from the dropdown menu
Wait for the downloaded file to complete downloadinging to my PC
The .ts file is by default downloaded to the downloads directory of my PC
On attempting to play the file in Windows Media Player I get nothing.

Am I downloading the wrong way ?

On PC from web browser go to HDP FOX T2 Web portal
Select the Browse Media Files icon
Select download from the dropdown menu
Wait for the downloaded file to complete downloadinging to my PC
The .ts file is by default downloaded to the downloads directory of my PC

Not necessary - the tick boxes are for multiple file operations.
Does the selected file show the "Enc" icon? It shouldn't. What about the DNLA icon? (Did you read the material I linked to?) Does the downloaded file show up as <number>.TS or <name>.TS (under these circumstances it should be the former)?

I have no idea whether WMP is capable of playing a Humax .ts file. If you are sure you are doing everything else correctly, try VLC or Splash Player Lite.

If I recall correctly WMP will only play decrypted .ts files if the Windows operating system is 'Professional'.

Try MPC-HC as that has a small footprint and is practical and straightforward.

So I have tried playing the downloaded file with both VLC and Splash Player Lite and the file does not play out. The file name I get is <name>.TS rather than <number>.TS . The icon I see withing explorer is a TS icon which is blue in colour together with a picture of a film shown at an angle. I do see any icoms showing as Enc or DLNA. I have not yet have seen or received a copy of the link you've refered to in the last post.

What are my next steps please ?

In answer to your other questions. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate Edition and I am using Firefox as the web browser. Why did I install Boot HDR ? I assumed incorrectly I had to install this as well !

So I have tried playing the downloaded file with both VLC and Splash Player Lite and the file does not play out. The file name I get is <name>.TS rather than <number>.TS . The icon I see withing explorer is a TS icon which is blue in colour together with a picture of a film shown at an angle. I do see any icoms showing as Enc or DLNA. I have not yet have seen or received a copy of the link you've refered to in the last post.

What are my next steps please ?

Install MediaInfo, open the file and look at what video and audio the file contain using the treeview option. You can export treeview details to a text file and post the info here.

https://mediaarea.net/nn/MediaInfo/Download/Windows

OK So have done the following :

• All Custom Firmware decryption requires DLNA to be enabled, Content Sharing must be turned on in the Humax menus (Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Settings)
Content Sharing was not enable. Have now enabled Content Sharing

• The Unencrypt (Auto) package only runs over night, Auto-Decrypt is now recommended as a replacement
Does this mean I have to wait till tomorrow to repeat download after enabling Content Sharing to see if file is now visable ?

Looked in catalogue for Auto-Decrypt, dont see it as an available download from web portal. Where do I find this package ?

• The FOXY process only works via Remote Control OPT+ Copy
Does this mean I am only able to download a file using a remote control rather than selecting the download option from Web Portal ?

File informaion from MediaInfo is as follows :

General
Complete name : C:\Users\David\Downloads\Proms Extra 2015_20150801_1901.ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
Format profile : No PAT/PMT
File size : 1.32 GiB

OK So have done the following :

• All Custom Firmware decryption requires DLNA to be enabled, Content Sharing must be turned on in the Humax menus (Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Settings)
Content Sharing was not enable. Have now enabled Content Sharing

• The Unencrypt (Auto) package only runs over night, Auto-Decrypt is now recommended as a replacement
Does this mean I have to wait till tomorrow to repeat download after enabling Content Sharing to see if file is now visable ?

Looked in catalogue for Auto-Decrypt, dont see it as an available download from web portal. Where do I find this package ?

• The FOXY process only works via Remote Control OPT+ Copy
Does this mean I am only able to download a file using a remote control rather than selecting the download option from Web Portal ?

File informaion from MediaInfo is as follows :

General
Complete name : C:\Users\David\Downloads\Proms Extra 2015_20150801_1901.ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
Format profile : No PAT/PMT
File size : 1.32 GiB

No PAT/PMT means the file is encrypted

Is there some reason you are ignoring the resources I have already pointed you to? Method 2 describes WebIF Auto-Decrypt explicitly.

only if you use, Unencrypt. You can use Decrypt instead
It isn't a package, it is built-in to the Web-If, select a file in Browse Media Files >> right click OPT+ >> Select Decrypt
Only if you use FOXY (the red boxes in the flow chart), If you don't use FOXY you don't need to use the Remote Control

You can use any of the paths in the flow chart (from top to bottom), you don't need to use more than one

Last edited:
OK after enabling Content sharing I now have the option of Decryption. I have been able to now decrypt some files and have enable auto decryptmon some of the folders. I see these are gradually being dycrpted as I speak. Thanks for all your help.

Your original attempts to decrypt on download are described under Method 4, in the comprehensive guide referenced as a link from Things Every... (click) section 5. Best of luck following the flowchart in the wiki - it needs a manual in itself (which is what my links provide).

Best of luck following the flowchart in the wiki - it needs a manual in itself
It looks like Crazyfeet managed to follow the flow chart perfectly well, do you really find it that hard to follow?, non of the other 21300 visitors to that page seem to need any help with it

Last edited:
It looks like Crazyfeet managed to follow the flow chart perfectly well, do you really find it that hard to follow?, non of the other 21300 visitors to that page seem to need any help with it
I agree, it seems as though BH is promoting his "Things every .. (click)" which he posts as the default response to the vast majority of queries on this forum, as the absolute and only solution to every problem, whist continually denigrating the wiki. The wiki is a great resource for information, it is factual and unbiased by personal opinion. More importantly, it is editable by all, whereas BH reserves posts in his threads to prevent lesser mortals from posting there. How conceited is that ? Let people make their own minds up BH, and stop sniping at Ezra Pound. He is genuinely interested in helping people, rather than trying to continually prove his superior intellect. (A sure sign of insecurity and very sad). As I have said before, this is not a competition and you don't get brownie points for being the first, or the most verbose to respond. Sometimes it may be more prudent to allow others to respond first, rather than to just jump in with a response for no other reason than having something to say. It's a bit like VAT. Is your response actually adding value ? No?, then don't post ! Remember that you are just a member here, the same as everyone else. There is no pecking order here (and you would definitely not be at the top if there were).

Last edited:
Back